City of Abandoned Ships - Peek #4 @ RPG Vault

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This latest Peek into City of Abandoned Ships at RPG Vault describes the role of Captain Blood:
The game includes a series of quests tied into Captain Blood; they are adapted from the popular novel written by Rafael Sabatini. The events, the dialogues, the missions and the story twists have been transferred to the play as much as it was possible within the framework of this project. Those players who have read the book will have the chance to meet the characters they love, and to take part in various situations they remember. Peter Blood's adventures on Barbados are just a necessary first step toward his career as a pirate. He is a slave, and the players have to lead him to freedom. Fortunately there are people around who are willing to help him. One of these is Doctor Vacker, who finds himself out of job after the escapee's arrival, and decides to tell him about his plan...
More information.

I don't know if it's because I'm tired or what, but I couldn't tell from all this whether or not you are playing AS captain Blood or associated with him?

Anyway, regardless of my confusion, this game sounds really interesting. A nice break from the typical fantasy genre indeed.

From what I've read, Jabs, you get a choice of playing three different protagonists, one of which (or in addition, I'm not sure which ) is Captain Blood, who has his own scripted quest line. But you can also play a straight arrow naval captain or a merchant type I think.

Back
Top Bottom