Seven Dragon Saga - Kickstarter Next Year

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
Art direction will be a decisive factor here. Since we remember how Champions of Krynn and Pools of radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds looked like..

Oh well, next year is only a couple of months away... It is actually a smart move to go to Kickstarter well prepared. I assume they will ask for a lot of $$$, and these days not many projects get funded.

Yes, I'm not at all certain how well this is going to do. Hopefully they will have something more solid to show us by then, but even in-game shots haven't helped some projects lately. Still, they're at least trying to create some publicity buzz in advance. If they can blow people away like Chaos Chronicles did, it might succeed.

I learned my lesson with Kickstarter. Before I give money to this, I want it to be released, and I want many impressions from people who attest that the developers still have their sacred fire, and that they have not compromised on difficulty or the depth of the gameplay systems and the challenge that made their original games great.

I hope they are going to be well prepared for the Kickstarter campaign. I don't want them to be end up like Guido and G3 Studios. Nostalgia hardly sells in crowd funding these days. A strong pitch is more than necessary.

I've pretty much stopped backing Kickstarters these days, but I'll make an exception here. These guys can have my money whenever they want it. A return in the direction of the old Gold Box games is well worth the risk.

I hope they are going to be well prepared for the Kickstarter campaign. I don't want them to be end up like Guido and G3 Studios. Nostalgia hardly sells in crowd funding these days. A strong pitch is more than necessary.

The difference is that SSI always catered more to a grognard crowd even in its RPGs, and those tend to be very loyal older men who have a lot of disposable income. There is a reason why war games are alive and well and they sell on Matrix Games for the likes of $99+. Those are exactly the die hard fans who would pledge for very expensive stretch goals. You had to make decent money and be very dedicated to afford $3000 in 80s money for a PC back then.

Which is why I don't understand why they've expressed their aim for a anime fantasy kung-fu setting. I think that will be disliked by this very crowd just ready and willing to give them a lot of their fric . It is quite a big irritant for me that seemingly the teenage audience is favored over the adult one.

This is good news as I'm pleased that they're taking longer to get organised with fine-tuning the development process. Thanks for posting!

I think that will be disliked by this very crowd just ready and willing to give them a lot of their fric . It is quite a big irritant for me that seemingly the teenage audience is favored over the adult one.

I think this is a presumptuously conservative assessment at best; I certainly think it's too soon to be making such a long bowed conclusion.

Personally, I think many Goldbox fans are more than open-minded when it comes to setting providing their game-play translates strongly, drawing those elusive "goldbox vibes" into the modern era.

Also, from some of the TSI's interviews, the focus upon political choice as a key theme is something they've mentioned a few times, something which I don't think your average "teenage audience" will be necessarily drawn to as much an adult/mature one.

It could be about choo choo trains named Thomas.....if people from the SSI brand are making it, I'd be there.....with cash in hand. They have yet to disappoint me.

This is good news as I'm pleased that they're taking longer to get organised with fine-tuning the development process. Thanks for posting!

I think this is a presumptuously conservative assessment at best; I certainly think it's too soon to be making such a long bowed conclusion.

Personally, I think many Goldbox fans are more than open-minded when it comes to setting providing their game-play translates strongly, drawing those elusive "goldbox vibes" into the modern era.

Also, from some of the TSI's interviews, the focus upon political choice as a key theme is something they've mentioned a few times, something which I don't think your average "teenage audience" will be necessarily drawn to as much an adult/mature one.

I have yet to see a single Western take on Asian fantasy that wasn't one big cornball fest though. So I am still suspicious.

Back
Top Bottom