The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Lesser Heart - Do a Lesser Reincarnation (LR). This lets you change out stats, feats, skills, and spells as well as appearance, though not race or gender. Basically, you're still the same character, but get to rebuild from the ground up. It's a good chunk of points on the store, but it might be required for your Bard or Sorc to be effective.

An option for you Corwin is starting a new character. You have a spare slot, and while it won't be a WF Druid, since Druids won't be out this year I think it won't matter much. Plenty of time to buy another slot! For what it's worth, I think Dte and CM will be in the same boat, since both only have a single high level, and no one close to getting to that point.

Aerii is now 57,000 from 20, and can probably get that this week should I hit the high-end raids, and maybe farm the IQ series and Harbringer. I'm still debating Sorcerer Savant vs Wizard Pale Master on the next life. Rachail needs the full 190,000 for 20, so she'll be awhile. I don't know what I'll TR her into, as I don't have plans beyond a single arcane. Maybe I'll try a pure Fighter, or maybe Monk.

My intention is to leave Phuury at level 20 and start a new toon. I'll have Botdu (lvl 6 healbot) available to run with the TR's, although he sucks (primarily a reflection of the guy pulling the strings) so don't expect much. Still haven't decided what to build with the new toon. Really like TWF, but that pretty well locks me into another ranger due to the dex requirement.

edit- unless I did a rogue. Thoughts?

Last edited:
One reason to consider doing an eventual TR with the Sorc is that in DDO, unlike NWN, elves do not make great Sorcs. Human and WF are supposedly best for that class, so I might TR to a WF or Human Sorc with better feat selection. The Bard still bothers me because at low and mid levels they are 'jack-of-s@#% and master of nothing!! Great support chars, but a PAIN to solo effectively; they do nothing well.

Dte, I have a MUCH underused Rogue available to run with lower levels. Jo actually helped build her, so she is quite functional!!

Dte, it takes 15 for TWF and ITWF, and 17 for GTWF feats. Most builds seem to start at 15, and put in a +2 tome at 7 to qualify. Though Rangers do get them for free, and carry several good buffs to boot.

We do need a Rogue, or at least someone who can do traps and locks effectively. Maybe split the difference and run an Exploiter (Rog1/Ranger18/Fighter or Monk1)? Fighter/Monk is for an extra feat, mostly.

Actually Corwin, in this case your Rogue is too high. For the moment. Though Jo will catch her Bard up before the end of the week, and by the end of the month, have outleveled your lowbies again with her Bard. If not capped. ;) So you kinda need a level 1 character to run with at the moment, unless you just wait until we catch up to you, and we just run fridays with the high levels.

Sorcerers are too feat starved in this game, so Human probably is the best choice, followed by Half-Elf (same max DC on spells as Human and Drow, extra ability from Dil feat), then Drow (squishier, but max DC easier) and WF (self healing and tougher, but poor spell casting, -2 DC compared to the other three).

I've planned out a couple of Human Sorcerer builds, but U9 changed too much, so it's back to the drawing board.

DDOWiki had an interesting melee-STR build for rogues that might fit the bill. They even had an option to build it as a dwarf. Since I've only run humans, it might be fun to try something different. Within that build, they also mentioned that it was a good build for class-splashing. They mentioned fighter (feats), ranger (TWF), and wizzy (mostly buff spells) as possibilities.

So, for now I'm looking at a melee-STR rogue with a wizzy splash, although he'd probably have to be human for the extra feat. Gotta do a lot more research.

Hi all. Looks like I am reading the tale end of a conversation from Friday. Anyway I will not be on this Friday either. I realize I didn't make that clear. Coming home Sun (15th) and I will be starved for game time. This pc could never handle the game download.
Anyway, Dte a second rogue sounds good. We stuck Jo with that on our current list of high levels. If we could maybe we should all have 2 lowbies so can swap out and let others do something different. I still have a monk at 4, (not in guild yet), a half-orc fighter, and two empty slots. I like the monk, though you all know me, I am a fighter at heart, but would run up any other class for the sake of fun. I have a wizard as well, just remembered her. She is still 4. Anyway, wish I could join you all. Have fun and I will check in here at least.

Dte, instead of a Wiz splash for buffs, could I suggest a Bard splash as more effective in that role.

Yeah, with a Sorc, Human gets the feats and WF the self heal/less squishy which is why they are the 2 suggested by most people. Elf is WAY down the list, but it was my first char after coming over from NWN where I'd played an elf sorc for YEARS!! :)

DDOWiki had an interesting melee-STR build for rogues that might fit the bill. They even had an option to build it as a dwarf. Since I've only run humans, it might be fun to try something different. Within that build, they also mentioned that it was a good build for class-splashing. They mentioned fighter (feats), ranger (TWF), and wizzy (mostly buff spells) as possibilities.

So, for now I'm looking at a melee-STR rogue with a wizzy splash, although he'd probably have to be human for the extra feat. Gotta do a lot more research.

A Wizard splash would be a waste. You'd get level 1-2 buffs at most, with up to 6 minute durations, assuming you burned a feat on Extend. Likewise for Bard; while Bards work well with a splash of Rogue (for evasion mostly), the reverse isn't true. In low levels, potions work just as well, and at higher levels, there's UMD or the friendly Sorcerer/FvS/Wizard/Cleric/Bard.

If you remember (or maybe it was before you joined in), I had a brief fling with a Dwarven Rogue, using two Dwarven Axes. That thing was powerful in damage output, while being able to fulfill the Rogue-duties of traps at least, though I took a Fighter level and probably wasn't quite as solid there as I could have been. Dwarves get bonuses to hit and damage using axes through their enhancements, and are pretty tough, offsetting the rogue's squishiness. The Fighter level gives you D Axe prof for free, as well as a feat. Two levels would leave you still able to take Assassin III at level 20, give you a couple of feats, and so forth.

Looks like our TR/lowbie group is shaping up a bit differently than our originals. Aerii on Sorc, Peters as a Favored soul, and Sherrille as a Bard. Of course, with me not going Cleric or FvS for another life on either Aerii or Rachail, it leaves Peters in the healer role, even with a bit of help from Sherrille. Mirys is gathering gear, and won't be TRing any time soon.

11 runs, and Maenya's Fists have not dropped. Grrr...

Bot will be lingering around, so we'll be able to pick up a cleric if we need one once y'all have a few levels banked up. Since y'all will be levelling much slower than me, I'll be able to spread the runs between 2 toons and stay near the group level-wise.

That fighter splash dwarf probably makes the most sense. The only problem I've got is that my plan was to kit this guy in bludgeoning weapons of some sort, which would be a waste on a dwarf. All 3 of my toons are running axes and this *is* about trying new variations on the theme. A good thumper is just so...direct, and how could I pass up the chance to ramble on about my big stick?

I guess it's time to spend a couple nights with DDOCharGen.

Those are Pilz alts I believe. He said he wanted to run up a couple more diff characters.

not a couple of characters, but a couple playing ddo (man & woman) :lol:

yet they seem to have moved on ...

I've TR'ed 2 characters and have now.

Level 2 Knight of the chalice TWF khopesh paladin (34pt TR build)
Level 2 evoker Favored Soul (34pt TR build.soon level 3)
Level 20 Radiant servant healbot cleric (32pt veteran build)
Level 20 Knight of the chalice TWF khopesh paladin (32pt veteran build)

I intend to play the paladin and favored soul in Korthos to get to at least level 3, maybe even level 4.

I propose that Tom, CM and Corwin consider getting a 32pt veteran build. That means you can catch up with Jo, Don and me.

I expect Don to get his wizard or sorcerer TR'ed next week. Jo has a bard already who will get to level 4 soon. I will have a favored soul and paladin. So we can actually finally meet up at approximately the same level and play on as a group with those. Don, Jo and I level up slower, but we play more so it evens up.

So I will not play my TR'ed toon beyond level 4 so we can all start at level 4. I propose Jo and Don do the same. Do you have the ability to make a 32pt veteran build, Cm, Corwin and Tom?

We can even play with some of the new guildies as well who want to join us each Friday night and other times too. Then we can split up in 2 groups as we did before.

Yep, I've got 32pt vet available. I was curious whether we'd (the non-TRs) be starting true level 1's or jumping to 4. Here's my build. 318hp unadjusted should make him reasonably stout. Probably not a tank, but able to melee without any 1-hit deaths. Any thoughts?

Code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.7.2[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

[B][U]RhoGu Axingham[/U][/B]
Level 20 Chaotic Good Dwarf Male
(1 Fighter \ 19 Rogue) 
Hit Points: 318
Spell Points: 0 
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 12
Reflex: 16
Will: 5

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](32 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Strength             16                    20
Dexterity            16                    20
Constitution         17                    19
Intelligence         12                    12
Wisdom                8                     8
Charisma              6                     6[/COLOR]

Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Balance               4                    32
Bluff                -2                    -2
Concentration         3                     4
Diplomacy            -2                    -2
Disable Device        n/a                  26
Haggle               -2                    13
Heal                 -1                    -1
Hide                  3                     5
Intimidate           -2                    -2
Jump                  7                    28
Listen               -1                    -1
Move Silently         3                     5
Open Lock             n/a                  28
Perform              n/a                   n/a
Repair                1                     1
Search                1                    26
Spot                 -1                    22
Swim                  7                     9
Tumble                4                     6
Use Magic Device     n/a                   21
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Fighter Bonus) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Axe Damage I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Spell Defense I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Fighter Critical Accuracy I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Damage Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Haste Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Improved Disable Device I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Toughness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Constitution I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Fighter Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Axe Attack I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Wrack Construct I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Dexterity I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Damage Boost II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Haste Boost II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 6 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Improved Disable Device II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Axe Damage II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 8 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Constitution II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Item Defense I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Axe Attack II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Haste Boost III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Wrack Construct II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Haste Boost IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Rogue Bonus) Opportunist[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Spell Defense II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Item Defense II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Dexterity II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Damage Boost III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Rogue Bonus) Defensive Roll[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Item Defense III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 18 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Dexterity III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Damage Boost IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Rogue Bonus) Slippery Mind[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Spell Defense III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Improved Trap Sense I[/COLOR]

With 1 level 10 and 2 level 9 Chars, I have NO interest in creating another lowbie char.

Yep, I've got 32pt vet available. I was curious whether we'd (the non-TRs) be starting true level 1's or jumping to 4. Here's my build. 318hp unadjusted should make him reasonably stout. Probably not a tank, but able to melee without any 1-hit deaths. Any thoughts?

Code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.7.2[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

[B][U]RhoGu Axingham[/U][/B]
Level 20 Chaotic Good Dwarf Male
(1 Fighter \ 19 Rogue) 
Hit Points: 318
Spell Points: 0 
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 12
Reflex: 16
Will: 5

Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](32 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Strength             16                    20
Dexterity            16                    20
Constitution         17                    19
Intelligence         12                    12
Wisdom                8                     8
Charisma              6                     6[/COLOR]

Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Balance               4                    32
Bluff                -2                    -2
Concentration         3                     4
Diplomacy            -2                    -2
Disable Device        n/a                  26
Haggle               -2                    13
Heal                 -1                    -1
Hide                  3                     5
Intimidate           -2                    -2
Jump                  7                    28
Listen               -1                    -1
Move Silently         3                     5
Open Lock             n/a                  28
Perform              n/a                   n/a
Repair                1                     1
Search                1                    26
Spot                 -1                    22
Swim                  7                     9
Tumble                4                     6
Use Magic Device     n/a                   21
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Fighter Bonus) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Axe Damage I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Spell Defense I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Fighter Critical Accuracy I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Damage Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Haste Boost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Improved Disable Device I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Constitution I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Fighter Toughness I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Axe Attack I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Wrack Construct I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Dexterity I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Damage Boost II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Haste Boost II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 6 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Improved Disable Device II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Axe Damage II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 8 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Constitution II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Item Defense I[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Axe Attack II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Haste Boost III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Wrack Construct II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Haste Boost IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Rogue Bonus) Opportunist[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Spell Defense II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Item Defense II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Dexterity II[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Damage Boost III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Rogue Bonus) Defensive Roll[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Item Defense III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 18 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Dexterity III[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Damage Boost IV[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Rogue)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Rogue Bonus) Slippery Mind[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Dwarven Spell Defense III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Rogue Improved Trap Sense I[/COLOR]

Take your first level as a Rogue. At level 1, you get 4 times your normal skill points, and can put 4 points in each class skill, or two in cross-class skills. So take level 1 as a Rogue, and level 2 as a Fighter. Otherwise, you will be down on your skills vs the other way around.

I'd also take two Fighter, so you can add +1 STR from enhancements, and a class Toughness for another 10 hp.

Finally, enhancements, I would drop spell defense and critical accuracy, and pick up Rogue Skill Boost, which can add up to another +5 to your disable device rolls. Those blow up, so having more always helps.

Corwin, if you don't roll up a new one, then you'll be unable to play with anyone else until we get the lowbies pushed up to around level 7.

With working late every day, and being called in the middle of the night to be a marriage counselor, I don't know if Aerii will make 20 this week. We'll have to see.

Corwin, the low levels are going to be either the one you TR once you get to level 20 or just start one new one at 4 with your vet status. I think the plan is everyone keeping one of their level 20's for raids and whatever. Since you and I both only have one (or you will soon) we both need a level 4 to run with the ones who are doing TR. We don't have to run the lowbies every week. But we do need them so we can do the game right and get the equipement we should have gotten. For me it will be building a char the right way. Maybe the second time around we can actually do some of the quests and areas we skipped, take our time and pick and choose. There are a few places I would like to go and few I would like to skip. lol

One goal I've bounced around is to 100% complete the explorers and rares for *all* the outside areas. We'll all need to get Coin Lord favor pretty quickly, though.

I would consider ending CON with an even number so you can maximize your hitpoints. Since you increase constitution by 2 from enhancements I would consider going with CON 16 and INT 14 instead. Then you get all to even numbers and get 1 extra skill point per level.

I agree with Don that you should get 2 fighter levels for abilities

I think Jo, Don and I can easily get our TR'ed toons to level 6-7. Tom and CM can probably get there soon too if they start at level 4. We can play high level in the mean time on Friday nights and the low levels all other days until we catch up with Corwin.

Corwin, you probably can only support playing up one character with us when we play together so you can think of who you prefer to get up (bard, rogue or sorcerer). Spreading your play on all of them means you will probably be left behind again, only at a higher level.

It's a good thing we have some semi low level toons by CM and Tom because it will give us some variance with characters once we get to about level 6-7 with the TR'ed ones.

So I think we can manage what everyone wants. We still have a little time until Corwin, Tom and Don get their high level ones to 20. That gives us some time to work on the TR'ed ones a bit higher than the intended level 4.

Regardless of what we do I intend to let my TR'ed ones follow the upgrade speed of Jo, Don and other newly started veteran toons.

I played some Korthos quests on elite with my Favored Soul toon. He truly rocks compared with the others in the group (28pt newbies). We did all quests and I almost soloed them all. My FvS inflicted more damage than any of the others and could heal the entire group, including clerics etc. I couldn't imagine how squishy the newbies were. It was a long time until we were as squishy. I think a 34pt TR toon build to be powerful is so much stronger than a new 28pt one.

E. g. my FvS had 60 hp and 300 sp at level 2.

I *am* hoping we run the lvl20's this week. Phuury's within 30-some thousand XP of level 20 and we've been pulling 30-50k most sessions. IIRC, Corwin's only 15k behind me, so we might get him capped as well.

Back
Top Bottom