Counter-Strike--- Dead ?

Ummm.... I'm stumped. What did I miss? Or did you by any chance think of Valve's Left 4 Dead?

While I doubt that UT3 and TF2 will mean instant death to CS, it would be only natural if people moved on. While still in a clan we regularly swapped older games for newer games. In E-Sports you pretty much need to see the signs of the time (and this goes for both software and hardware) and act accordingly, or you're out of 'business' faster than you can say 'flag'.

I always hated the 'you're dead until the end of the round' feature of CS. It took the adrenaline out of the game, at least for me, and I also hated it when Dod copied the feature in para mode (man, was I glad when they ditched it in a later version).

Last edited:
Ever since that stupid ****ing giant shield has been released (yes, this is before HL2 was released) I stopped playing this game and didnt know it was still going.

Man... I havent played Counterstrike since... Before Dark Age of Camelot? And that was 6-7 years ago. I remember when I discovered the first release of Battlefield 1942, pretty much ended my CS days. I was never good at CS but I kicked ass in BF1942 for some reason, I think its because I am better at tactics and not so good at reflexes...

I played counter-strike last night and the servers were full of ppl..its hardly dead.

Maybe a few clans are checking out CoD4 atm?

Every once in awhile I'd check the Gamespy site to see how many people were on Multiplayer NWN. Since 2002 Counterstrike was usually right at the top.

I don't see it there right now but Half Life 1 and 2 are, erm, 1 and 2 right now.

hmm..am I remembering correctly? does Counterstrike have its own servers?

Back
Top Bottom