NWN - Premium Modules Removed

Is this a complete list of modules affected?

Kingmaker
Shadowguard
Witch's Wake
Pirates of the Sword Coast
Wyvern Crown of Cormyr

I have the first three from Diamond but never did buy the last two. I wish there'd been some warning.

I wish they had given a warning too. Im missing the three:

Pirates of the Sword Coast
Wyvern Crown of Cormyr
Infinite Dungeons

Luckily the game has been unprotected since v1.66...

Last edited:
This is really sad ... I've been reworking the reviews I did in a retrospective I hoped to get out here by the end of the year ... now seems more like a tribute to the fallen modules ... :(

I've seen Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker for sale for years now at the store I buy all my games at. Still at full price. I always thought it odd that they kept it there for so long and it was still there last time I checked. Actually, I think there are two of them. So if you're ever in the neighborhood you can still get it in Taiwan :)

Or if you don't feel like flying to asia you can still get it at Amazon. The only premium content that is not included in Kingmaker is Pirates of the Sword Coast.

I've never seen them here.

Kingmaker doesnt have these either:
Wyvern Crown of Cormyr
Infinite Dungeons

I bought new kingmaker from ebay year ago. Didnt cost much. There might still be plenty of copies.

Must of been so long ago that I don't even remember infinite dungeons. Also I remember vaguely something about Wyvern's crown. Wasn't that the last one released before NWN 2 came out? I was done with Premium mods by then and getting ready for NWN 2.

Well since Atari pulled the plug on Bioware, I'm sure they'll set up some kind of shop at their homepage at some point.

Thanks for the correction. I had totally forgotten about those two....well totally forgotten about Wyvern, still don't have a clue what Infinite Dungeons is.

It just occurred to me I won a copy of Pirates but I've since uninstalled it.

This is clearly one of the best examples of the problems of DLC.

Luckily the game has been unprotected since v1.66…

is this also true for the Premium Mods? I recall the huge flack of concerning having a required internet connection to run it.

It just occurred to me I won a copy of Pirates but I've since uninstalled it.

This is clearly one of the best examples of the problems of DLC.

is this also true for the Premium Mods? I recall the huge flack of concerning having a required internet connection to run it.

Yes, it is.

I seem to remember a post, either here or over at the Bioware NWN forums that as of 1.66 you no longer needed to be online to play the Premium Modules - and the last patch (1.69) completely did away with this, I think.

I did not know this that I bought NWN those many years ago; as said, I'm happy that I own all of the modules - well except for Crown of Cormyr.

But don't the mods and the games plus each expansion still look for an activation code you have to type in at install time?

I don't know? since I haven't gotten around to playing NWN1 as of yet.

To be able to play the Premium Modules that I paid good money for would be great, I think - however, for NWN1, there are many good mods out there, free of charge - Darkness over Daggerford for example.

I don't know? since I haven't gotten around to playing NWN1 as of yet.

To be able to play the Premium Modules that I paid good money for would be great, I think - however, for NWN1, there are many good mods out there, free of charge - Darkness over Daggerford for example.

As a sidenote Darkness over Daggerford was actually set to become a premium module at one point , but then Atari (who else?) pulled the plug and no new premium modules were released. After that the mod spent some time in limbo until the team deicided to release it for free.

As a sidenote Darkness over Daggerford was actually set to become a premium module at one point , but then Atari (who else?) pulled the plug and no new premium modules were released. After that the mod spent some time in limbo until the team deicided to release it for free.

And it is my favorite ... not necessarily the best, and definitely not the highest production values, but definitely my fave and what got me so stoked for Mysteries of Westgate.

Back
Top Bottom