What games are you playing now?

I am amazed at the number of people who seem to play several games all at once. How do they remember exactly what was going on in each game?

So I am playing BG2 for what must be the nth time (I have just lost count) using some of the mods (Fade, ease of use, unfinished business etc). I am still finding different ways to complete the fights and the mods help to keep things fresh.

Somewhere around is a copy of Oblivion, Morrowind and Fable. Must get around to them sometime soon.

Rightnow, after a week of Warlords Battlecry 2 and 3, I'm taking a time off conquering Etheria with Age of Wonders : Shadow Magic. I really love how they managed to improve the game over AoW2 (though it has been out for years, I only just now obtained a copy of the game). And the new story is quite nice. I like what they've done, I hope that a new AoW game will see the light of day soon.

I am amazed at the number of people who seem to play several games all at once. How do they remember exactly what was going on in each game?

I usually mix the genré's. When I play a long RPG I usually take FPS games as a break. FPS games are usually rather short but "stress" another part of my brain and thus help me to regain energy for the RPG. For the first time in a long time I am actually playing two large RPG's at the same time (Divine Divinity & Titan Quest). Luckily the story in Titan Quest is near non-existant and I play it so I can play something with my girlfriend in multiplayer, thus I do not forget the story in Divine Divinity.

Sometimes when I say I play more than one game at once, I have only installed a game and watched the intro when some other game with higher priority came first, so I am actually not playing them at the same time, they are just on my harddrive to take up when im done with the game that came first.

Last edited:
Gothic 3 - although I certainly hope the next patch will bring those missing perks and fix the bugged ones.

playing the same as Sem, but I'm trying to game as little as I can because of the upcoming exams; gamign and exams never work well together. I am loving all the way to G3. only the wolves are so hard and thougher than boars

I play Spellforce 2 and Sam & Max 2 Episode1 (Culture Shock).
The first Spellfoce was the game that took my attention towards RPG's, so I really waited the 2nd one.
The old, original Sam & Max is one of the funniest games ever, and this sequel is also has that great humor.

PC
NWN - SOU - almost completed chapter 1.

Wii
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - almost have beat the third temple.

Back to Gothic 3 since Monday, despite the fact that bugs really start bugging me at this particular point in the game. I stopped playing NWN2 after a plot twist - I need a couple of days to recover from the shock... heh, I must be getting old or something (Just tired perhaps?). ;) Come to think of it, I just might play NWN2 (Which is as buggy as G3, I might add) this evening, although I should be studying for a certain test.

I was switching between G3 and NWN2 as well, then suddenly a few people on here got talking about re-playing Wiz 8 and that started me off down that track too!! :)

I paused LoL2 to play EoB2. After I finish those two (like in, say, 2 years from now) I'll return to Myst 3.

I'm still in TOEE. I've made it through the biggest fight yet - against Hedrack.
My PC appeared to be a bit too weak for that - as a result I had a gazillion CTDs before I finally managed it.

Currently I can't stop playing:

Guild Wars. All three versions.
City Of Heroes/Villains. Only occasionally.

Loaded but still iffy:

Gothic 3
NWN 2 Still awaiting a patch for the lag hell.

*hugs to you all*

~T

I paused LoL2 to play EoB2. After I finish those two (like in, say, 2 years from now) I'll return to Myst 3.

When playing the game through to learn all the details for our EoB2 mod I eventually was fast enough to finish EoB2 in one single day...

Oh, now that's fast! :) The only time I can play, however, equals two hours on a Sunday afternoon, so it'll take me a bit longer...

I havent been playing anything lately, trying to get into a couple diff local PnP groups. Geeking out on 3.5 rulebooks and all that, printing out character sheets and what not, I feel like I'm a kid discovering D&D all over again with that first set of rulebooks and dice.
Which is not saying that I dont have things I want to play, and even have a cool little bargain game called "Fate" on the way via Amazon. I played it at a friends house and was instantly hooked, I must play more. Still in quick, el cheapo titles mode.

But alas, looming on the horizon like a spectre of a long-lost dirty habit left in the teenage years.... WoW, and more specifically, The Burning Crusade

I re-installed and logged into WoW tonight for the first time in prolly 8 mos, Im guessing longer perhaps, I dont have it marked on a calendar or anything. To my dismay, I pretty much know practically nothing of how I had my game configured. Chat commands, interface is all stock, macros gone, keys are all uncustomized. It's suprising that for how long I played this game, I'm a babe in the woods all over again in some ways. Here I am, the former second-in-command of a guild on his elite mount, pretty much consistently in the top 3 damage-dealers in any given raid I'm in, now wondering "How do I even draw my weapon?" LOL

My pack is filled with food, items, all kind of stuff, what do I need? I was a jack of all tradeskills, so I have raw mat'ls of all kinds. My bank is full. I just sat there for like an hour trying to reconfigure my keys and sort things out,and I'm still in WTF mode. I have some kind of stone to get back to town, right? Oh yeah, the hearthstone! At least Im loaded with gold too in case i sell something I need.

I knew then and there that I'd have to sleep on - "Do I even want to do this? What am I doing here?" There are still people playing that of course want me to come back and play, and in a way I want to, but I dunno.There is no grey area with this, either I commit and go back to playing WoW or I dont. If I do, I almost want to start again with a brand new lvl#1 char, truly start over again. Even without Burning Crusade, there's a ton of new game content. Yeah, that'll happen.

Gonna have to sleep on it, this is a pretty tough one, expecially since my friends are all jazzed thinking that ol 'Paws is back.

Last edited:
PC - lots of random fiddling with games ...
Oblivion & Knights of the Nine - started a new game for this, and it is strange. As soon as Picard died I started getting quests popping up throughout the sewers for no reason - including the Horse Armor notice stating that I had 'found something' - huh? In the sewers?
Betrayal at Krondor - got this working on XP with DOSBox, and looks interesting after a quick bit of play!
Icewind Dale II - made some progress, but am obviously distracted.
Geneforge 4 - really cool stuff.

PSP - in a holding pattern waiting for Legend of Heroes III: Song of the Ocean, so I've been playing some Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch as well as SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 and Medal of Honor: Heroes

DS - finished everything I needed to do for reviews (last was Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin ) so now I'm casually playing Children of Mana while also noodling around with StarFox Command, Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and also just bought Elite Beat Agents. Children of Mana is good, but pushes me into jRPG overload so I'm not playing it much.

GBA - waiting for Maze of Fates to arrive, and replaying Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 with the boy and a different Guardian Beast.

Oblivion Update - I have become Arena Champion at level 1 using a Pure Mage ... it was really not all that hard. I hadn't done it the first time I played (as a BattleMage, I *assumed* the arena was for warriors ... I fell for the whole thing that you were playing a class since they make such a big deal about it in the sewers - now I know better!)

The Blademaster had some funny lines, but apparently the fact that I used magic as much as blade & block was lost on him ...

Also, I took on the quest for the identity of the Gray Prince, but since I killed him I could never complete the quest - but yet the quest shows up as 'completed' rather than 'failed'. Is this some of the 'we don't want to hurt your feelings' stuff?

No comment on the big 'O', but I hope you enjoy BaK if you've never played it before. It's not only a great game, but a ton of fun (or should that be the metric tonne) if you're a Feist fan!!

No comment on the big 'O', but I hope you enjoy BaK if you've never played it before. It's not only a great game, but a ton of fun (or should that be the metric tonne) if you're a Feist fan!!

I *just* got it (CD version in *huge* box - remember those!) from Goozex.

Back
Top Bottom