Path of Exile Expansion launches today, if anyone cares.

I do care !
:)

I'm curious about the new optional netcode thing. I never really had much trouble with "desync" - but then again, I didn't play it all that much. Probably around 50 hours or so, all in all.

Giveafuckometer_fe78e3_239287.gif

:biggrin:

I'm so gonna steal that pic and overspam EA forums later today with it.

Well if you put "if anyone cares" in the topic, you're asking for silly muppets like myself to post silly pictures :)

I really need to play this sometime. Is it fun in single-player mode?

You should have titled the thread "PoE Expansion launches today, if anyone cares."

:lol:

I havent played this in several months, but when I did play it I enjoyed it for what it is, a Diablo/Torchlight/Titan Quest type game. The skill progression is almost too much, so many options and builds it makes the head spin. The game content was good, story at best decent but as a loot pinata game its fun. I played both single player and multiplayer for 100+ hours before I got bored. And its free so there's that.

I havent played this in several months, but when I did play it I enjoyed it for what it is, a Diablo/Torchlight/Titan Quest type game. The skill progression is almost too much, so many options and builds it makes the head spin. The game content was good, story at best decent but as a loot pinata game its fun. I played both single player and multiplayer for 100+ hours before I got bored. And its free so there's that.

Yep, need to play it then. I love loot games with skills/stats.

It's my probably my second favorite Diablo clone, after Diablo 3.

Yep, need to play it then. I love loot games with skills/stats.

Yes, the mistake I made was thinking it was a loot game.

For your first run through it's ok'ish, it's a good time-filler that munches up hours by the second, constantly alluding to lootsplosions of potential joy. And it's 'free' (It wasn't when I played it many moons ago & accumulated guilt will make you probably donate more than you'd ever have paid for it).

However, the game is not a loot game. Well, not a kill for loot as a single player game. What it is is a very long demo of a Wall Street Trading Simulator to play with your buddies.

You could dedicate yourself to soloing to level 100, using only found items, but this will take approximately 100 times the amount of time it would take if you spent all your time trading items and swapping items with buddies. It's just how the game is designed.

So...

Is it fun in single-player mode?

For a while, coupla weeks, 100 hours'ish.

I love loot games with skills/stats

If you like trading for your loot instead of playing the campaign game. The skills/stats are a bit of an anti-climax, in that instead of having multiple level-up menus you just have one big level-up tree where you have to pump +10 to primary stat for three or four levels and then only every 5th'ish level do you get a new 'interesting' level-up.

It's like being given a book on Rocket Science, full of promise of extremely deep mathematical equations to philosophise and experiment with, only to get to the last page and realise it was just some guy droning on and on about cabbages. Great if you like cabbages :)

How many Acts this game is supposed to have ?

This expansion adds the fourth act to the already existing three.

It has four acts now :)

Dart, but did the devs say something about the final number of Acts ? Not that I'm complaining, I'm just curious about. :)

As soon as I finish playing Lords of Xulima, I'll start playing either Path of Exile or Transistor, I'm still deciding....

You can ask me if you like? :shrug:

They had/have an original goal of producing 10 acts to make a complete game. They are currently at 4.

When launched to the general public in paid-for Closed Beta the game had 2 acts, which were then given extended play-time by providing 4 difficulty levels - you would go through the four difficulties before being allowed to participate in 'end-game' random maps.

When Act 3 was launched they reduced the number of difficulty levels to three so that after completing just 3 difficulty levels you could participate in 'end-game' random maps.

I don't believe they've reduced the number of difficulty levels with Act 4, perhaps they'll drop to just 2 somewhere around act 5 or 6, and reduce to just one single homogeneous campaign difficulty around act 8-10, should they get that far.

A difficulty level = doing the exact same campaign again with improved difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom