RPGWatch Feature - King's Bounty Review

Excellent Review! It's so nice to read a well written review that emphasizes gameplay rather than graphics and annoying snarky sophmoric humor!

Very nice review, though I think it deserved another 1/2 star. I'll just chalk it up to RPGWatch's astronomically high critical standards.
We don't do half stars ;)

Cool game, I just started it a few nights ago and so far really like it. Usually tb games put me to sleep, but this one's managing to keep me awake
Good review Mags.

btw - roaming grammar nazis are rumored to have spotted an "alter" 5th paragraph into the review that should have been an altar

Well written! Bit long for my taste, but eh.. it's a complex game. ;)

You must faint at the thought of mine ...

I love this review - I had a bunch of stuff written for a different review of the game, but when I read the review, there wasn't much of anything to add!

Since I never played any HOM&M this game was like a breath of fresh air,in an average year for RPGs apart from Witcher EE and the first hours of F3 this game was the best game I played.I'm definitely gonna try HOM&M after Kings Bounty.
Heroes 5 hasnt had a look in on my PC since I purchased Kings Bounty. :biggrin:

Would be great if Katauri was chosen by Ubi to make MM10 (or Heroes 6 for that matter).

Cool game, I just started it a few nights ago and so far really like it. Usually tb games put me to sleep, but this one's managing to keep me awake
Good review Mags.

btw - roaming grammar nazis are rumored to have spotted an "alter" 5th paragraph into the review that should have been an altar

Yes, and I see I've got "dwarven canon operators"(presumably firing off points of dwarven religious doctrine?) instead of cannons as well...*sigh*...I useta cud spell gud.

I think the real time adventure map makes a huge difference in the not nodding off factor. Glad you dig the game and thanks.

About the 'lengthy tb battles may not be for everyone comment"--that was kind of directed at people who are not generally players of the turn base---not for us masochists who have played through every HoMM campaign including the locked ones....;) KB combat does move pretty quickly except for some of the big stacks, named heroes and that @$%&# spider boss. That one took me at least half an hour. Twice.

Last edited:
I was being true to my Frog wife at the time with her +100% attack for snakes and spiders. What a woman.

Me too, I'm glad I was able to rise above her clammy amphibiousness and focus on something really deep and meaningful like attack bonuses.

If we take this more seriously, then this is kind of an ... I'll try it with the words "pro racial statement" : You can marry even wives that do not belong to the own race at all - yet still the partners benefit greatly from it ! :)

I only just noticed that it's magerette and not margerette.

Don't feel bad--it's a common error (and I hope it doesn't imply my writing style and screen personality resemble artificial butter. ) In fact, I got the "marge" thing so often,I used to have a quote in my sig to explain:

Mage: practioner of the arcane arts, magus, wizard, warlock, sorceror
Magerette: politically incorrect feminine noun form of above

Back
Top Bottom