NWN2 - Platinum Edition 50% Off on Steam

I didn't like the NWN2 official campaign at all…was too linear with closed off buildings everywhere, no sense of exploration.

I remember reading that it was sort of like a faux ghost town, where you just have the facades of buildings propped up. I definitely missed the ability in the BG games where pretty much every door could be opened, even if it was just someone's house. That said, I still enjoyed the OC quite a bit. Looking forward to playing SoZ someday (though I suppose I should try to finish MotB and MoW first!)

Well, I already own NWN2 + both add-ons. Otherwise I'd definitely grab it. It's a bargain. I love the whole package - OC, MotB and SoZ. Only real downside is the start of the OC, which often prevents me from replaying it; it's just too slow for replays.

Hope to see more players on the online servers!! The multiplayer component has improved dramatically since it's initial release, and right now I am playing on L.O.A a PW action server I believe..

Any suggestions for great online PW servers in nwn2?

I remember the OC being pretty underwhelming and unpolished. Did the expansions noticeably improve the quality of the game?

I enjoyed OC, but I don't get all the people praising MoTB so much.
Everybody's mentioning the great story and being hardcore but in reality if you talked to everyone you pretty much found out everything in the first 1/3 of the game.
For some reason though things would not show up in your journal until later chapters when you would get a 'confirmation' I guess.
And there was like 1 really tough battle i remember and i'm not much of a poweplayer.

edit: Also, it's been a while, but talking to characters you'd find things out but would still follow some presumptions and false leads. Made no sense to me.

Well I couldn't resist at that price so I bought this one as well as Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods.

Tried NWN2 before and although I liked the story and characters the camera annoyed the hell out of me.
I hope its true what they say and that the camera got better after some patches.

Edit:
With the nearly first person camera mod and some graphical ones this game is better than the first time I tried it.
Would have liked the mouse controls so it plays like WoW mod (don't like WoW, but the controls feel more fluid), but my antivirus program detects it as a trojan even though its from the NWN2 IGN vault.
Anyway this time around I see me finish the game and the 2 add-ons and that's the most important.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom