Risen - Bestiary Update: Thunder Lizards

it reminds me of the non cartoon form of the final evolution of the pokemon bulbasaur :p
But it looks cool :)

A new creature, that's good. Although the name made me thing of the fire lizards from gothic, it looks entirely different.

The name made me think about Thunder Cats. :) Where is Snarf?

Seriously, cool creature. Kinda reminds me of a Groveback from the Alien Planet feature on Discovery Channel. Not quite as big or flatheaded, but still has vegetation on the back, herbivore and is pretty darn big.

Stopped looking at Risen stuff now - all too spoilerish for me...

Looks similiar to the ones from World of Warcraft.

This one is interesting! Looks like some kind of twisted turtle or stegosaurus to me.

Also:"Use of Drugs" ; "Sexual Themes" ? Somehow I didn't notice that before.

Use of drugs was there since G1, but sexual themes? well you had that nice place at the harbor in G2, but it ends there :s

I'm all for creatures with foliage and fungi growing on their backs, but it doesn't look right on this one. The shrubs/trees look ridiculous, and mixing the fungi in with them doesn't work for me.

Use of drugs was there since G1, but sexual themes? well you had that nice place at the harbor in G2, but it ends there :s

Well, maybe in Risen there is more of it. Although I remember that I've read interview or preview that said there is no sex in the game. Maybe there is something like pub in example but you can't do "anything" in here?

hope to find a sunaloe sorta rare plant on top of its shell upon killing one.

More pretty pictures but nothing about what will make or break the game: the story.

You're stranded on an island where some weird stuff happens, like ancient temples rising from the ground, and obviously you're going to investigate it, oh and there are some magical storms appearing in the world. Maybe that's not much, but what more could you possibly want to know without having the story spoiled for you? ;)

I love the look and feel .. but *why* did you have to put the Bulbasaur image in my head ... I was happy thinking of it as a sort of mega-Stega-turtle monster ...

Thunder lizard? Isn't that just the translation of 'Dinosaur'? :) I like this one :)

You're stranded on an island where some weird stuff happens, like ancient temples rising from the ground, and obviously you're going to investigate it, oh and there are some magical storms appearing in the world. Maybe that's not much, but what more could you possibly want to know without having the story spoiled for you? ;)

You know, but in the end it can turn out that there is some evil that must be destroyed or some shit like that and it'll completely destroy the story.
Gothic started very well and managed to drive the story okay, even with evil Sleeper (although Xardas was most evil character and you helped him :) ).
Gothic 2 didn't because you had that ancient evil that had to be destroyed to save the world (what the hell with this stupid story? Really, that was low)...
Gothic 3 I haven't completed because got bored of it but as far as I know it don't have any interesting story, right?

Back
Top Bottom