Arkane Studios - Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This is a tangential newsbit but it's been a while since we had any news of Arkane, so I thought it might be worth a mention on a slow weekend.
According to Joystiq, their multiplayer FPS The Crossing has been canned but two projects continue at their Austin studio under Harvey Smith - hopefully one of them the FPS-RPG that was revealed.
Wandering over to their site, they seem to have two projects in development in Lyon, France, based on a recruitment call. Four projects? We'll have to wait, because Arkane isn't saying a lot.
More information.

Reliable scuttlebutt is that the FPS-RPG is not Arx 2, sadly. We'll have to keep biding our time to find out what it is (provided it doesn't get cancelled as well).

I dunno - based on Left 4 Dead I had started to anticipate The Crossing - not as a deep, Arx 2 style thing, but a fun co-op romp. Too bad.

Arx 2 would be too narrow in terms of market scope if done right. I think we all know what that means in terms of probability of release.

Arx 2 would be too narrow in terms of market scope if done right. I think we all know what that means in terms of probability of release.

Something like this?
snowballs-chance-in-hell-copyright7.gif

Back
Top Bottom