Skyrim - New Coverage @ Gametrailers

The cool downs seems (60s - 240s) way to short to me. I am not actually bothered about that on its own but the affect this is going to have on magic...

Most of them would be disappointing and pointless if it was once per day. You think once per day fire-breath is less pointless than say once per minute or once per five?

Not pointless if they had made them more powerful. Like I said, extremely powerful and once a day is what I would have preferred.

I already know that I'm going to be a mage. So on top of the many spells to choose from I'll also have these cooldown things.

Meh….hopefully I won't be the only one who feels this way and some kindly mod will fix this or if I really don't like it then I'll just ignore it.

I liked once per day powers in Morrowind/Oblivion - and I did use them, every day. If they are really powerful, you save them for a tough encounter and use them there. Its called strategy. I realize its not popular in this age of iwannabeawesomealways, but it I like it as a nod towards P&P RPGs where there are often 1/day powers. Its cool, and means you have to think carefully about the tradeoffs - if done properly. What would be better is if 1/day powers scaled as you levelled. I think that was missing in the older games.

Well anyways, here is a distilled version of it that cuts out the non-skyrim stuff as well as includes a separate spikeTV interview. It's on youtube, so watch it while it lasts I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p-uHj_Vmq3Y

I don't think any of that video is new though - just easier to watch just the skyrim bits.

Last edited:
I would have preferred if it was once per day with the shout being extremely powerful. Otherwise what's the point? It'll just be another magic trait my wizard could use. Big whoop.

Will have to wait for a mod I guess.

I so had this image in my head reading your post. :)

Eeyore-angel.jpg

Ok, that's a bit funny, but couldn't it have been of a rat instead of a freaking donkey? :p

Back
Top Bottom