Unused content or not?

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher
While I was looking through the models with the SDK I noticed several cool models that I don't remember from the game. But because I played it a long time ago and some of the planets are quite large, I want to make sure. So has anyone seen the following:

- three green fruits looking like pears
- used helmet with blue visor and microphone
- four slim yellow red mushrooms in a group
- fat round beige mushroom on green pedestal
- a star fish looking colorful mushroom plant
- alien woodlouse bug with feelers on the front
- greenish dino monster with two big front claws
- Crutch-Keret big head monster with tongue
- living grey tree that attacks with a huge tongue
- three alien fishes larger than the tropical ones
- small three legged bug with three eyes on top
- small three legged mini robot without laser
- big alien spaceship and small alien fighters

Last edited:
Could you add some screenshots? It would be easier to remember then from description.

P.S.
Aren't small 3-legged robots from Reandore?
And there is in fact alien spaceship, if you do Reandore space missions for Empire (you transports some stolen alien artifact, and then decoy ship gets attacked by aliens).

Could you add some screenshots? It would be easier to remember then from description.

Okay, look at the attached ones. Some of them are clearly not in the game because the animations are missing and they are not mentioned in resource.qrc.

Aren't small 3-legged robots from Reandore?

I don't know. There are small two-legged ones with laser pointers on top.

And there is in fact alien spaceship, if you do Reandore space missions for Empire (you transports some stolen alien artifact, and then decoy ship gets attacked by aliens).

Ah, that's good to know!

Attachments

• tp-animals.jpg
    tp-animals.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 30
  • tp-plants1.jpg
    tp-plants1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 28
  • tp-plants2.jpg
    tp-plants2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 28
  • tp-items.jpg
    tp-items.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
1st picture:

1st line, 4th
2nd line 1st
3rd line 2nd
they are all creatures at gil (100%)

1st line: 1st and 3rd seem vaguely familiar (who knows, maybe something I saw on trailer, or maybe something I confused with some other game?)

3rd line: 3rd looks like chicken from white gold

2nd picture:
2nd line: 1st is vaguely familiar

P.S.
you are right about robots. those in game are two-legged.

1st picture:
1st line, 4th
2nd line 1st
3rd line 2nd
they are all creatures at gil (100%)

Ah, I thought so, but I couldn't find them in a quick fly-over!

1st line: 1st and 3rd seem vaguely familiar (who knows, maybe something I saw on trailer, or maybe something I confused with some other game?)

They may have been in a trailer. Once we find out how to add items to maps chances are good these two can be restored as they show proper animations.

3rd line: 3rd looks like chicken from white gold

That could be true, probably it's the same with the blue bird and the starfish, and also with the tropical fishes. I wish I could swap them with the alien ones, but they are just too big. It seems there is some scaling involved in the levels themselves, if we could figure this out, it may be possible to restore these alien fishes to Gli and Goldin :)!

2nd picture:
2nd line: 1st is vaguely familiar

Probably from a preview or trailer. All the plants on that picture don't have animations so I could only use them as decorations or in places the player can't get into. Like lab tanks or similar. Any ideas? The prison area would be a good candidate because I think with the 1.1 patch you won't ever get to use a flyer on Goldin and be able to get there.

you are right about robots. those in game are two-legged.

Okay, so this small bugger would be another candiate to restore, together with two others that are not menioned in the resource file too. Also a lot of items that can be bought seem to have an actual model, like the pears, but these are never used…

Back
Top Bottom