Xenonauts - Version 1.01 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Goldhawk released a new patch for Xenonauts according to a new post on the Steam forums. Here are the details of the changes and updates.

Xenonauts V1.01 Released! (Small Stability Update)

This is a small update for Xenonauts V1.0, intended to fix some of the stability issues (it also corrects a couple of very minor things in the game). It should not break save games.

We know that this patch does not address the most problematic bugs in the game - most notably the invulnerable alien bug and the Soldier Equip screen crash. Those bugs are proving difficult to track down, but we do know about them and we ARE actively trying to fix them.

Expect further stability updates this week. They will arrive on the Experimental branch first to ensure they do not cause more problems than they fix!

CHANGELOG:

• Autosave at the start of a mission has been re-enabled.
  • The bug where you could not click on certain unrevealed tiles to path units there has now been fixed.
  • The vehicle hitboxes are no longer "left behind" when a vehicle sights an alien.
  • Receiving items simultaneously to two separate bases no longer stops the UI responding.
  • The Quick Throw UI panel in the ground combat (i.e. the grenade slot) no longer shows the incorrect TU amount.
  • A couple of Xenopedia typos fixed.
  • We've put a new (user-created) door cursor in the game that matches the graphics style more closely than before.
  • A couple of door sprites that were impassable when destroyed have now been fixed too.
More information.

And updated once again to V1.03.
Though they mentioned to not doing any balance changes anymore this one comes with significant balance changes. ^^

This is on the Experimental branch, and is an update for V1.02 Hotfix. It addresses a few more issues, and involves a slight rebalance:

CHANGELOG:
  • Fixed the crash bug during the alien turn (for realz this time).
  • Soldier Equip screen crash hopefully fixed, or at least significantly reduced.
  • Removed a hang when you pressed Reduce Quantity on the Workshop screen for an item that had already had some built.
  • Combat shields should now correctly block all frontal shots, as there was a slight error in the angle calculation.
  • Xenonauts no longer lose the 3TU for the tile they were about to move into when their move is interrupted by sighting an alien.
  • Flashbangs no longer detonate explosives on the ground.

• Building bases now costs $500k instead of $1m, and base maintenance reduced by $75k per month
  • Radar Arrays now cost $250k instead of $100k, and their maintenance is increased by $25k each
  • Ground Attack missions now generate events and income loss again.
  • Disabled Air Superiority missions temporarily, as I am becoming increasingly convinced they are responsible for at least most of the Soldier Equip screen crashes. We'll look into them in more detail and re-enable them soon.
  • Terror mission UFOs will spawn every 14 days instead of every 25 days, as they were too rare before.

Let me know if anyone sees a mod with larger fonts. So far I have only found one UI mod, the "Oppressive" one, and it doesn't really change the text. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm guessing this game will see a lot of mods eventually. It already has quite a few so soon after its official release.

Why not just change the resolution?
I mean the interface has a certain scale. But I guess if you can't read it you either have quite bad eyes and then a lower resolution wouldn't really matter or you have a "small" screen in proportion to the resolution. Like a retina display or a 4k monitor, though I doub't you can even run xenonauts in such a resolution.

I do have bad eyes. Also, changing the resolution doesn't help much for some reason. There is a difference when I switch from 1920x1080 down to 1280x720, which is where I have it currently set. (Hope I got those numbers right off the top of my head.) But going down from 1280 to 1024, the lowest setting, makes no difference at all, for whatever reason. I read in a post that somewhat explained why they abandoned resizing the font that some of the text is actually a fixed image as a whole, rather than text laid on top of a background.

Back
Top Bottom