Witcher 3 The Witcher 3 graphics downgrade?

The Witcher 3
I definitely think that W3 has been downgraded and a lot. I mean, compare this screens from 2 years ago to the new ones.

EAxu8Ks.jpg

jY6S1tf.jpg

vWIavGk.jpg

9sCIMcT.png

Could be that for contractual or marketing reasons W3 is only shown now using console screenshots to avoid a huge backslash from their new market, but if not, the downgrade is huge and evident.

And the problem is that CDPR didn't need to do that. Nobody was buying witcher for the graphics but they took the choice of start the campaign for W3 focusing on the graphics and not the gameplay and now they are paying for it as every new video or screenshot is more and more far than what was shown years ago.

Could be that for contractual or marketing reasons W3 is only shown now using console screenshots to avoid a huge backslash from their new market, but if not, the downgrade is huge and evident.

And the problem is that CDPR didn't need to do that. Nobody was buying witcher for the graphics but they took the choice of start the campaign for W3 focusing on the graphics and not the gameplay and now they are paying for it as every new video or screenshot is more and more far than what was shown years ago.

I trust that the game will probably scale to whatever hardware you have, and that for the ultimately high settings at high resolutions at a high framerate, I'll probably have to wait a bit. I mean, I wasn't able to run TW2 with the Ubersampling setting at a very good framerate, until I recently got my 980 GTX. So I'm sure it will be something similar for TW3 when it comes to the most demanding of graphics settings.

A screenshot without reliable information about detail settings and source platform is completely worthless for anything but total speculation.

If there's no downgrade from marketing material to release - it will be a first. We live in a world where you have to sell no matter what - and most people embrace that approach.

How much of a downgrade is the question, and we'll know soon enough. Speculating is silly at this stage - as we have nothing to base it on.

Let's hope it is just as we speculate and they are now showing off console version, while the early stuff was PC Ultra settings :D if that is true it is going to piss off those console fan boys, which is all good :)

Back
Top Bottom