Mass Effect 3 - EA Store Reveals Premise

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The EA store has accidentally (?) outed Mass Effect 3, prematurely listing the title, which has since been pulled. Destructoid got a screen grab and here's the description:
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.
The cynical view might be this is more viral marketing for their upcoming game reveal.
More information.

Looks like someone blew the lid before the VGA Awards on spike.Looks like the trailer was for masseffect 3.Love EA's new price of $59.95 for all there new pc games.

Looks like someone blew the lid before the VGA Awards on spike.Looks like the trailer was for masseffect 3.Love EA's new price of $59.95 for all there new pc games.
Uh, it's a placeholder. EA won't charge $60 for a PC game. Notice how the console and PC prices were the same? Clear indication of a placeholder.

Back on track; Nothing that surprising was revealed.

Uh, it's a placeholder. EA won't charge $60 for a PC game. Notice how the console and PC prices were the same? Clear indication of a placeholder.

Back on track; Nothing that surprising was revealed.

You need to visit the ea store again then.Every upcoming pc game is priced at$59.95.
What a surprise you commented.:roll:

Every upcoming pc game is priced at$59.95.
You mean all five of the ones that are listed with a price, one of which is $50? EA Store UK has Sims Medieval listed at £40, which is not a price it's going to sell at. The EA store is often expensive and not representative of the final price of a game, at least with regards to other retailers, so take no notice of it.

There's no box art, no real details - Those three appearances are (Or "were", to be accurate) placeholders.

We all knew this game was coming! how annoying is Bioware with there codes to solve for there next movie game . I know i sound negative when it comes to Bileware im very frustrated at the selling out to consoles.

You mean all five of the ones that are listed with a price, one of which is $50? EA Store UK has Sims Medieval listed at £40, which is not a price it's going to sell at. The EA store is often expensive and not representative of the final price of a game, at least with regards to other retailers, so take no notice of it.

There's no box art, no real details - Those three appearances are (Or "were", to be accurate) placeholders.

Look at dragonage 2 and brink both upcoming games priced at $59.95.If you read other newsites EA has stated there games on the pc will cost more and we better get used to it.

Look at dragonage 2 and brink both upcoming games priced at $59.95.If you read other newsites EA has stated there games on the pc will cost more and we better get used to it.

Games on PC already do cost more (in the long run). Buying and maintaining a state of the art PC for gaming is MUCH more expensive than plopping down a couple hundred bucks for a console. The saving grace has been that PC games are cheaper, but more and more the big publishers are doing away with that philosophy.

There are still some PC exclusives and certain genres (strategy games in particular) that don't make their way to consoles, but I have to admit that keeping my PC up to date sometimes feels like more trouble than its worth. I say this as a long time IT Infrastructure / Technology guy who maintains and builds my own systems.

Guys i know we have been lucky with PC game prices and i realize that only the big greedy companies are charging 60 bucks for there games but honestly im ok with it . For example Dead Space 2 . You know EA is charging 59.99 for this game but at least they are making the game for PC and i love Dead Space Im sure the game will be good. Just stop nickel and dime with DLC Its always the big companies that pull that shit.

Guys i know we have been lucky with PC game prices and i realize that only the big greedy companies are charging 60 bucks for there games but honestly im ok with it . For example Dead Space 2 . You know EA is charging 59.99 for this game but at least they are making the game for PC and i love Dead Space Im sure the game will be good. Just stop nickel and dime with DLC Its always the big companies that pull that shit.

But dont forget this is EA and they love DLC.As shown with DragonAge,Masseffect, and there other fps games.

Last edited:
If I remember right, the VAST majority of people don't buy any DLC.

If I remember right, the VAST majority of people don't buy any DLC.

Well there are other ways to get the dlc but many people must of bought the dlc if they still want to make it.

Why did you bring Brink into it? Brink is Bethesda, not EA.

And I follow news sites daily and I've seen no such piece of news. Perhaps you would be so kind as to provide a source?

Last edited:
Thank goodness they're actually getting round to moving the story on this time.

Amazon has both Diablo III and Dragon Age 2 listed for $59.95. Looks like that's the new US price point a lot of the companies are moving to. Given the unfair international pricing on video games I don't know if this will also mean an even higher UK and EU price as well.

Amazon has both Diablo III and Dragon Age 2 listed for $59.95.
Diablo III is an Actisuck game, so it's gonna have a higher price point. Starcraft 2 released for £35 (Including most/all online retailers) in the UK, so I don't see why Diablo III would be any different.

Just hold off on buying a game on the day of release if it costs too much. To create shelfspace analog stores will eventually always drop with the price.

Ofcourse from a cost standpoint, digital stores don't really have any incenitve to ever drop prices.

Ofcourse from a cost standpoint, digital stores don't really have any incenitve to ever drop prices.
They do; To compete with the retail situation you just mentioned, and also to compete with each other. If, say, Steam drops Mass Effect to £10, then everywhere else will follow suit in the following weeks/months in order to compete with Steam.

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - Director's Cut did something similar recently. The price on Steam dropped to £5 after GamersGate cut the price (I think that's what happened; It's how it looked to me).

Diablo III is an Actisuck game, so it's gonna have a higher price point. Starcraft 2 released for £35 (Including most/all online retailers) in the UK, so I don't see why Diablo III would be any different.

Because Starcraft II was released in the past and Diablo III is an upcoming title. The shift to higher price points is a recent thing and appears to be gradual across different publishers. I doubt it will be universal though- Indie games developers won't automatically follow suit.

Also I pointed out that I did not think this should nescessarily translate to higher UK and EU prices. The exchange rate is currently favorable enough that US based developers and publishers don't have to jack up the prices in those regions to realize larger returns. FWIW- 35 pounds ends up being about 55-56 dollars as it is. So you already pay more than the 49.95 price point many Americans are used to . When the exchange has been higher you were paying roughly 62 USD - which is higher than the "new" US market price-point.

Back
Top Bottom