Divinity II: DKS - Securom Removal Patch Coming

Now, if your point is more along the lines of "Gothic/Risen's character development and stats systems aren't that deep, I could understand that. Or to make a point on your side of the argument, perhaps the combat isn't incredibly deep by itself, but when combined with the difficulty and lack of "God items" throughout the world, it just feels like it has more depth. As you well know, most fights involving more than 2 enemies at a time requires a lot of patience, proper timing, and wise movement until you reach a decently high level. I like that and find it deep in its own right, and it makes encounters feel more meaningful and dangerous.

I think that pretty much hits the nail on the head.

It's easy to confuse challenge with depth when the level of challenge simply forces you to use tactics more often. I also think the combat in Gothic/Risen may have felt deeper because it was more realistic in terms of speed and pacing. The combat in DKS definitely felt more "actiony" due to how fast you could move and jump around compared to PB's games.

I like both styles, but if I had to choose, I would choose PB's combat. One area in particular that PB does much better is archery. Ranged combat in DKS was unbalanced to the point of being broken, imo.

Back
Top Bottom