Fallout 3 - Dogmeat, DLC, Lead Platform and More @ videogaming247

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A site called videogaming247 has a series of comment snippets from Pete Hines on Fallout 3. Rather than collecting the conversation into a full interview or preview, they've released a rapid-fire series of short articles on each issue, with some interesting things touched on.
First, the X360 is apparently the lead platform (apparently the PC doesn't get counted in such conversations):
“The 360 is our lead development platform, so we got it working on that one first,” he said. I mean, we develop them all simultaneously, but one of them’s got to be the lead, so it was 360.”
The choice was made more by the timing of the console’s release than anything else, Hines added.
“We had a year’s head start on the 360 because it came out a year earlier, so we had final dev hardware to work with earlier on than we did with PS3,” he said. “But as this point all three of them are pretty much on par. The goal is that, if I get three versions in here and hide the console or PC and just had them running on the screen, that you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.”
Can we extrapolate that the PC interface will also be the same?
Next, their goal is 30FPS on every platform. And then, the PC spec will be "similar to what Oblivion was for its time".
Moving along, DLC is likely:
“Given how successful it was for us on Oblivion, certainly it’s a given that we’ll look into it and what we’d like to do,” he said, talking of extra content for the anticipated post-apocalyptic RPG.
“But I can’t tell you when, I can’t tell you what it would be, or what it would look like. Will it be bigger stuff like Knights of the Nine or smaller stuff? We’ve no idea. We’ll let folks know once we get down the road.”
...and lastly, Dogmeat is dogmeat if he dies:
What happens if he dies?
“Dead,” said Hines.
Is there another dog?
“Nope. One dog. Be careful.”
Thanks, r3dshift!
More information.

Is it wrong to look forward to Oscuro's Fallout 3's Overhaul mod when the game launches?

I think he was mainly meaning when it comes to how well it runs and the graphical quality then if the interface is different or not and anyways it didn't sound like he was refering to the PC version at all. (just like all the other games that come out with console versions)

I always let Dogmeat get killed, i found it easier, but if i knew or suspected that there were long term reward consequences for keeping him alive through the game, then that would have been much better as a gaming challenge. Dogmeat's role should have been upgraded to an "unknown" or "secret" element noticeable to the perceptive gamer.

As long as it's highly mod-able I couldn't give a crap.

As usual, someone else will make it the game it should have been.

They are calling the dog "Dogmeat". How original and creative.

Back
Top Bottom