PC Gamer - The Best Star Wars Games

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
PC Gamer published a new article this week where they list which Star Wars game is better in celebration of all the games being released on GOG from last month.

In late January, some of the long-missing Star Wars classics of the LucasArts library made a triumphant debut on GOG. For the first time, TIE Fighter and X-Wing and Rogue Squadron and more were available as digital downloads. Some of them are the best Star Wars games ever made. A few of them are some of the best games ever, period.

With Star Wars buzzing on the brain, the PC Gamer crew assembled a list of our favorite Star Wars games: the ones that made us believe we were Jedi, ace pilots shooting down the Death Star trench, pod racers rocketing over the surface of Tattooine. These are the 11 best Star Wars games on PC (we had a couple ties).
More information.

Oh - another Star Wars game list ... probably the thing that struck me the most is that the NEWEST game on the list turns 10 years old this year ... and no one has topped the lightsaber combat from Jedi Academy yet (2003).

C'mob people! :)

KotOR & KotOR II for me as I still play both games with mods.

Yup ... if I had to list:
- Jedi Outcast
- Kotor
- Jedi Knight / Mysteries of the Sith
- Dark Forces
- Kotor II

And all the other cool games ... :)

Oh - another Star Wars game list … probably the thing that struck me the most is that the NEWEST game on the list turns 10 years old this year … and no one has topped the lightsaber combat from Jedi Academy yet (2003).

C'mob people! :)
Lightsaber combat? No, I prefered to throw people off bridges and cliffs using force powers :)

That game was awesome, you had so many fun ways to do battles. If someone took that engine and made a RPG with it, that would have been the best game ever.

I agree thats it is weird that they haven't released a sequel to jedi knight or kotor series. Or atleast a game similar to those.

My top sw games list would look like this:

1. Kotor
2. Kotor 2
3. Jedi knight 2
4. Jedi knight: jedi academy
5. Dark forces 2: Jedi Knight
6. Dark forces 2: Jedi knight: mysteries of the sith (addon where you play as Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade!)
7. Republic commando
8. Bunch of player made levels / mods for kotors and jedi knights
9. Dark forces
10 Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (quite a medicore game based a TPM movie, but you could play a jedi with a light saber and thats always cool :))

Last edited:
I'll expand my list a bit:

1. KotOR
2. Tie Fighter
3. X-Wing
4. Jedi Knight games (they're about even - but not a fan of Dark Forces)
5. KotOR 2
6. SWtOR
7. Force Unleashed

All the rest :)

Star Wars Screen Entertainment uses the engine of Delrina's "Intermission" ( formerly "Screen Peace" ) screensavers, which was also used by both Opus & Bill screensavers, a Dilbers screensaver (does anybody have a copy of it ? I'm looking for that for so long now !), perhaps an Firestones screensaver, and you won't be able to run it on modern OSses.
Even with compatibility turned on, it will have some hassles.

What you can do, is, however, install Win3.1 in DOSBOX or in any other virtual PC, and install Star Warts creen Entertainment on top of Windows 3.1. This way you can see it !

One way that *might* work is to do a new partition, install Win98 or Win95 (maybe even WinME) on it, install SWSE, and then install Windows XP on top of that … This way it might be able to kind of "import" the screensaver and its settings so that it might run.

I'm still angry that Symantec, who had bought Delrina for their Fax program alone ! shut down EVERYTHING CONSUMER ORIENTED Delrina had EVER developed !

Symantec bought a whole company, took ONE program out from it, and threw the rest away.

The developer of the Screen Saver engine also developed this : http://www.antsoftware.com/

I've never played through an entire Star Wars game. I guess the furthest I got was kotor. Maybe 5 to 6 hrs.

I just don't care them but I'm not a fan of the movies either. I enjoyed the first 3 when I was younger but they weren't anything special to me. The second 3 I haven't watched. I watched 1/2 of the 1st one, got bored and stopped.

I just don't care them but I'm not a fan of the movies either. I enjoyed the first 3 when I was younger but they weren't anything special to me. The second 3 I haven't watched. I watched 1/2 of the 1st one, got bored and stopped.

I liked Attack of the Clones best, but overall I thought the prequels were terrible compared to the original trilogy.

I'll expand my list a bit:

1. KotOR
2. Tie Fighter
3. X-Wing
4. Jedi Knight games (they're about even - but not a fan of Dark Forces)
5. KotOR 2
6. SWtOR
7. Force Unleashed

All the rest :)

I agree, Force unleashed was definitely a fun game! Although not as memorable as jedi knights. Still the closest substitute we have at the moment.:)

I keep hoping that Disney would produce something similar to jedi knight series. Maybe even giving us a real sequel to kotor series.

I liked "Star Wars Starfighter" quite a lot ! It's imho the perhaps most underrated Star Wars game ever ! ;)

Dark Forces II was by far the best, it was revolutionary for its time and was fantastic on my then 3DFX card.

Its levels are still unrivalled in many respects.

Most of the other games are not that good or very overrated, as is the franchise. It should have been put to rest 15 years ago.

Dark Forces II was by far the best, it was revolutionary for its time and was fantastic on my then 3DFX card.

Its levels are still unrivalled in many respects.

Most of the other games are not that good or very overrated, as is the franchise. It should have been put to rest 15 years ago.

Very true - I reme how breathtakingly huge some of those areas felt!

Tie Fighter! Really, the Star Wars rebels had to be the least cool rebels ever...you know, after maybe the Nicaraguan Contras....

Back
Top Bottom