Divinity: Original Sin II - Final 24 Hours

I wish they hadn't hit the $2 million stretch goal. I suspect the DM functionality is going to suck up a lot of resources that could be spent elsewhere.

I too am wondering how much work it will require and whether they'll really have enough money to do all the things they set as milestones. To be honest very few of the latter stretch goals hold any interest for me, but I am glad they have the money. Just hope they don't leave out stuff they committed to do again.

I wish they hadn't hit the $2 million stretch goal. I suspect the DM functionality is going to suck up a lot of resources that could be spent elsewhere.

If it is too complex and/or take too much time, it will go the way of the night/day cycles or be delayed.

Saying that, many of the feature of the DM mode are part of other features already supposed to be in the game (like modding tools, the first game had them). It really depends how much they want to support and I missed the Twitch discussion about it so I can really say what are they plans.

I'm not really all that interested in Dos 2.0, but glad folks had fun with the campaign and the twitch thingee. I was playing Madman and even good ol' Excelsior from '93.

Saying that, many of the feature of the DM mode are part of other features already supposed to be in the game (like modding tools, the first game had them).

Yep. I have no interest in the DM mode myself but it shouldn't be too hard (relatively speaking, of course). As we could see from the Twitch stream they now have a working spectator mode which the responsible programmer slapped together the day before yesterday. Not bad.

Now "all" (which is still quite a lot, of course, but nowhere near impossible) they need to do is to enable the spectator to interact with the world and give him a proper UI for that. They should indeed be able to use some of the mod/editing tool functionality here so on a whole I think this is a viable stretch goal that they will absolutely deliver upon.

I'm glad they did not have any pie-in-the-sky stretch goals. They kept it tight and realistic. There shouldn't really be any massive delays due to feature or scope creep.
Mod tools and game master mode are a bit in flux maybe because they have not given us any idea about the exact extent of the features and you will likely always end up with people who will wish it was more than it is but I have no doubt that they will come up with something reasonably satisfying for the majority of gamers/modders/dungeon masters.

I'm glad they did not have any pie-in-the-sky stretch goals. They kept it tight and realistic. There shouldn't really be any massive delays due to feature or scope creep.
Mod tools and game master mode are a bit in flux maybe because they have not given us any idea about the exact extent of the features and you will likely always end up with people who will wish it was more than it is but I have no doubt that they will come up with something reasonably satisfying for the majority of gamers/modders/dungeon masters.

And why would you think that? They have completely and utterly dropped the ball with Divinity Editor, previously, despite promising full functionality and power of tools.
Instead, they shipped a lame in-house kit written for studio-standard hardware with a ton of missing features. And on top of that, the community feedback was completely ignored.

Basically, with that reward tier they admitted their previous mistakes, but to redeem tham, they will have to do a little more than make promises (like day-night cycle, eh?).

Back
Top Bottom