21 Epic Movies 2015 You Should Watch

What's Your Favourite Movie 2015

• Insurgent (2015)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Intern (2015)

• Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (2015)

• Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

• Total voters

libbyhayward

Banned
Everest (2015)

The Man from UNCLE (2015)

Pan (2015)

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (2015)

Hitman: Agent 47 (2015)

Fantastic Four (2015)

Minions (2015)

Ant-Man (2015)

Magic Mike XXL (2015)

Terminator Genisys (2015)

Ted 2 (2015)

The Transporter Refueled (2015)

Inside Out (2015)

Jurassic World (2015)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Furious Seven (2015)

Insurgent (2015)

Cinderella (2015)

The Martian (2015)

The Intern (2015)

Visit this site to watch full movie version
Link removed

Enjoy !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We enjoyed Mad Max and Jurassic World, seeing one in a budget theater months after the release, and the other using free passes I got from work ... and will likely see a few others on the list on RedBox or Amazon video ...

None of the 'reboots' live up to the originals, but were at least entertaining.

I think Mad Max is the only genuinely good movie I've seen in 2015 that wasn't a small indie production.

our definitions of epic differs :biggrin:

last epic movie I enjoyed was Cloud Atlas.

Mad Max definitely is the best. I do still want to watch the new avengers movie eventually which should at least be decent. The first Maze Runner was decent so maybe the sequel will be okay?

I still have to watch that movie without falling asleep.

I have a feeling there must be something there :)

the philosophical/ spiritual overtones weren't explored as thoroughly as they should have been, IMO. But it had a message I could relate to in a nice visual package. And I absolutely adore the scenes on Big Island. It made me and my gf contemplate founding our own tribe of mentally handicapped people (we already talk like that). ;)

the philosophical/ spiritual overtones weren't explored as thoroughly as they should have been, IMO. But it had a message I could relate to in a nice visual package. And I absolutely adore the scenes on Big Island. It made me and my gf contemplate founding our own tribe of mentally handicapped people (we already talk like that). ;)

I'm genuinely curious about it. It looks interesting - and I'll get around to it one day :)

That said, after Sense 8, I have just about lost all faith in the talent of the lead people behind it.

The amount of spammers is rising on these forums. They post stuff that is odd, but not against the rules and then after a while they add a link to their profile or posts, as they are are that mostly only new people are checked out thoroughly.
The same with this one. It is a very odd post to start with on an RPG forum.

I just checked the thread. Link. Nuff said.

The amount of spammers is rising on these forums. They post stuff that is odd, but not against the rules and then after a while they add a link to their profile or posts, as they are are that mostly only new people are checked out thoroughly.
The same with this one. It is a very odd post to start with on an RPG forum.

At least it provoked some discussion :)

Be glad that I'm not a moderator, though.

I'll leave it open just BECAUSE it received so many replies :p.

I'll leave it open just BECAUSE it received so many replies :p.
Ok then, I'll bite.

Epic movies my arse.

I watched only two from the list:
- Maze Runner - a timewasting garbage great for recommending only to dull friends
- Avengers 2 - superb to watch with a group, if alone… can't recommend it

From others numbered I plan to watch when available on rental:
- Uncle
- MI… Which sequel is that? 5th?
- The Martian
- Not yet sure but let's add Terminator G.

The rest of them I refuse to even memorize that those exist.
Seems to me that 2015. was yet another year of mediocrity, sequels, prequels, reboots and silly remakes with very rare movies I could hope for to be superb in the end.

As usual, the gems of moviemaking remain hidden. If you're like me, if your meaning of epic movie doesn't mean visuals and CGI but a superbly wowen story so complex it's unbelievable it's contained in just 90 minutes on screen, try with this one (it's available as rental, on IPTV, dunno about netflixoids though):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4271918/
Yes it's a remake, but I learned it only after watching and it's so great I don't (I usually do) really want to watch the original too. Do not ask what is it about. Less you know, more you gain.
Just watch it.

As usual, the gems of moviemaking remain hidden. If you're like me, if your meaning of epic movie doesn't mean visuals and CGI but a superbly wowen story so complex it's unbelievable it's contained in 90 minutes on screen, try with this one (it's available as rental, on IPTV, dunno about netflixoids though):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4271918/
Yes it's a remake, but I learned it only after watching and it's so great I don't (I usually do) really want to watch the original too.

It's not only a remake, it's a timeless classic written by J B Priestly, performed in theaters ever since it was first put to paper around the turn of the 20th Century. It's also a TV movie initially screened on the BBC. But yes, it's a superb story, and if you've managed to avoid knowing about the reknown twists and turns for the past 100 years, it'll blow your mind!

Coming soon in the same series is Agatha Christie's equally classic And Then There Were None, for which I've seen it in the theater, seen the (several) movie(s), read the book, played the video game and now can't wait to see the classy TV movie :)

At least it provoked some discussion :)

Be glad that I'm not a moderator, though.

First time I've seen spam get this many replies. :)

haha - yeah, seeing loads of oddities from folks with 1-5 posts recently. And they are like this - largely innocuous, and while I knew it was spam, there were interesting replies from actual people I enjoy discussing stuff with :)

As for Cloud Atlas, it looked intriguing but the reviews were not particularly great and the trailer looked horribly ponderous ... might check if it is 'free' on Amazon Prime or Netflix and give it a shot soon.

Back
Top Bottom