Skyrim - Oblivion Comparison Video

Realer than real life.

Here are better arguments for hiding the weakness of the situation:
-the NPC is fear frozen, he cant think straight and is stuck on his spot.
-PC uses a special ability that allows PC to beat the NPCs 'reaction time.
-NPC is a rookie who is not yet trained enough.

This said for the direction of shot:
The scene is lit. Bows have stoppage power (well shown in this vid) Arrows are arrows(sticks with head and end)
Camping still in the middle of highly lit terrain is the worst option whether you are assaulted by one or many archers.

You can ropleplay any way you see fit to cover the delayed reaction. It's not that big of a deal to me... I hope Bethesda does improve on this "quirky" game mechanic, but to be fair it's wayyyy too early to pass judgment. I see this as something that can be tweaked, possibly a tweak of a threat/ alertness level?

I'm not too worried, but I will continue to follow this. I wonder, does anyone here know if this topic has been brought up in the Bethesday/Skyrim forums? I'm curious to know what Bethesda has to say about this. At the very least, we as fans should bring this up to make sure Bethesda addresses this.

I'm not too worried, but I will continue to follow this. I wonder, does anyone here know if this topic has been brought up in the Bethesday/Skyrim forums? I'm curious to know what Bethesda has to say about this. At the very least, we as fans should bring this up to make sure Bethesda addresses this.

I used to visit Bethesday forums and frankly you are not going to find an answer there. The devs hardly respond and the community is full of 2 year olds...

I wouldn't worry. If there is anything to bitch about, it has been bitched about. Repeatedly. Then, probably Summer closed the thread pointing to the Official Skyrim feedback thread #45... TES boards were a great place once, with lots of developer interaction, but that was long ago - now its too many posters, moving too fast.

You can ropleplay any way you see fit to cover the delayed reaction.

You can roleplay any way you see fit to cover the delayed reaction? What does it mean?

That is an NPC's reaction. What roleplay has to do with it? If it stays the state it is in this video, it is a hole, meaningless hole as I doubt archery is going to be widely played.

Developpers have gone physics way, as if physics is such a priority in a RPG. This doing, physics give undubiously the direction the arrow shot came (without including NPC's vision) Physics exhibits the lack of reaction by the NPC in a way that is covered very poorly by the 'arguments' made before. Many people like the big lie theory, but sometimes, subtler lies work better.

I dont see what roleplay has to do with this NPC's reaction or lack of.

Back
Top Bottom