Piranha Bytes - Announcement On Friday

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Now Piranha Bytes also follows the trend to post announcements of announcements. They posted a pic with a cryptic message on Facebook yesterday, supposedly meaning "3 days left". So far it seems Piranha Bytes is not working on the project everybody wants to see.

Found on World of Risen.

More information.

So far it seems Piranha Bytes is not working on the project everybody wants to see.
So it's not PB style openworld with a random name everybody wants to see…
A MMO then? Platformer? Phonegame? Diabloclone?
Damn.

It's not Gothic, says PB. And it's big.

I hope they've ditched the pirate theme.

If it's a fantasy game in the spirit of the Gothic games I'll still be a happy camper.

More speculation:

Their new game could be called ELEX and this could be the official website.
The logo in the lower right corner could have originally been PB's logo. The game is published by Nordic games and PB is known to have a good business relationship with Nordic (who distributed the Gothic games for them).

There's been some funny stuff going on throughout the day because the original logo (the one that -in spite of all the blurriness- looked very much like PB's logo) on the ELEX site was exchanged for another one and then yet again for the one you can see currently which leaves some room for doubt whether it is indeed PB's logo. The previously displayed logo (the no. 2 published one) could have also been a Vigil Games logo which is a studio affiliated with THQ/Nordic (Nordic has bought quite a lot of THQ's assets when they went out of business).
The currently displayed logo, however, does not look like a PB logo at all.
And here's a post comparing the ELEX website background image to the PB teaser image with the binary code that said "3 days left".

So… we'll have to see what happens when the countdown ends at 14:00 CET whether ELEX is PB's game or an entirely different project by Nordic. Definitely some mysterious stuff going on, especially with the apparent swapping of the logos.

EDIT: OK, they are definitely using a technique where the image gets sharper and sharper as time goes by. We can now see quite clearly that this is the same image as the one from PB's Facebook page with the binary code. So this must be it. PB's new project. It just remains to be seen why the logos kept changing. Maybe several devs working on the same game? A collaborative effort? That could make a lot of sense for small German developers if they want to compete with big budget international productions.

Last edited:
We will soon know what its about in 2 hours time :) I hope its good and PB bounce back to their former glory.

We'll know in an hour.
Erm, no… You'll know.
I received an official note that we'll have a power outage due to maintenance from 2PM-5PM CET. Which is in an hour. Bummer.

Luckily, since I've been warned, I won't be playing any checkpointsaving games idiocy.

Back
Top Bottom