Age of Conan - Server Merge Coming

Dhruin

SasqWatch
New Age of Conan game director Craig Morrison has confirmed a server merge is on the cards:
Another aspect which has popped up in the forums recently is whether we are going to do a server merge or not, and I can today confirm that we are actively working on an approach to merge servers, both in Europe and North America. It’s important for us to ensure the best gameplay experience for you all, and more healthy populations on each and every server will make sure we maintain healthy communities for the game in the future. Still, there are many complexities involved in this, and we want to ensure that everything happens as fair and streamlined as possible. That work has now started, and we are naturally making sure that guilds and players can get to new servers in the best possible way. We will come back with more info on this, but I hope that this will serve as a positive injection to the social scene in the game.

Lastly for today (I think I have taken a good deal of your time already, hopefully constructively so!) I also wanted to mention that we‘ve come very far with the DirectX 10 version, which we unfortunately had to keep on internal test-servers for launch. It’s now almost ready for the full test server. Once the next game-play update is out expect to start to see the DX10 functionality coming to the test environment. How long it will take to transition to live will depend on the testing of course, but it’s starting to shape up nicely. Having done some reviews of it internally over the last few weeks I can admit that a few of the features really do give some added visual punch. I know it’s a feature that is long awaited and I can assure you the technical folk here are working flat out to try and get the version in a state where it can be considered for live release.

So that’s about it for this update, I think there is a fair amount to take in and comment on there, so I’ll leave you all to digest it and I look forward to your input
smile.gif
More information.

You're beating me to all the news on this side now.

I'll go back to sipping coffee.

Not exactly a surprise about AoC server merges.

I really think it's a tremendously unfortunate combination of incredible potential and dreadful leadership. So much was right about Age of Conan and it can STILL become the best overall MMO, but oh my would that require a ton of work.

I don't see that happening, and the people in charge have pretty much killed themselves in public with their straightfaced and repeated lies.

It's exactly like Hellgate, only in this case I find the company guilty as charged - rather than simply naive, overly ambitious, and extremely unlucky.

Sorry...Asbjoern is busy in RL these days, so I'm just trying to support.

It's fine, it's good, I have net problems anyway so I'm only getting on now and then.

Back
Top Bottom