Chaos Chronicles - Trailer Released

I'd like to see different D&D modules to be made with a game engine like this.

Mod tools would be amazing for this project. The ruleset is 3.5E modified for hexes, it'd be perfect for translating things like that.

I'd like to see different D&D modules to be made with a game engine like this.

I would like to see Overhaul fix Temple of Elemental Evil from Troika, then carry on with their original plan of releasing subsequent modules using that engine.

I would like to see Overhaul fix Temple of Elemental Evil from Troika, then carry on with their original plan of releasing subsequent modules using that engine.

Why would you want Overhaul to touch someone else's engine when they weren't even capable of properly updating the engine most of them were part of making in the first place?

LOL, right.

None of their new content is worth anything, they added hilarious new bugs that weren't present in the original games, they can't even get past Apple's crappy certification procedures their first try.

These guys should be out of business, not with people clamoring for them to wreck other peoples franchises after they crapped all over their own.

LOL, right.

None of their new content is worth anything, they added hilarious new bugs that weren't present in the original games, they can't even get past Apple's crappy certification procedures their first try.

These guys should be out of business, not with people clamoring for them to wreck other peoples franchises after they crapped all over their own.

The only part of this I agree with is about the new content. Luckily I didn't buy BGEE expecting incredible new parts to explore.

What don't you agree with? That they added bugs that weren't there in the original? They did. From broken THAC0 display to dialog scripting errors. Not to mention the broken ass journal. And the fact that they can't even set up the engine to save your zoom settings. Not to mention the hardware incompatibilities they just neglected to work around. FFS, they took a 15 year old game that works on everything today without a hitch, and they made it NOT WORK on a large number of modern systems.

Do you disagree that they've failed Apples not stringent certification procedures? Cuz they had the iOS port thrown back at them weeks ago and yesterday Oster posted that they failed again when submitting the OSX port to Apple? Cuz y'know, they did.

The new content is one of their big selling points, and it was garbage too. The scaling is hideous. They removed configuration options that BG1 had available. The new cinematics are painful and somehow subpar to the originals. Which already sucked!

And they're charging $20 for this slap in the face of history. For a game you could buy on GOG cheaper (or probably already own) and get a superior experience with. Then you can mod it and make it an INCREDIBLY superior experience.

To bring back Chaos Chronicles into the thread: Guys, feel free to have a look at the blog of the game. We decided to go for the music this time as some people complained about the music in the trailer (which was just for the trailer itself, not for the game). We also provide some examples over at www.chaos-chronicles.com :)

Back
Top Bottom