Original Sin - Post-Funding Update # 60

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Larian Studios has posted the next update for Divinity: Original Sin. The first part of the update shares news the Maxc version is now available to play.

First: Mac users, this one's for you! D:OS is now available for Mac systems through your Steam Early Access code.

Second: Mac players can play together with PC Players. And Steam Cloud saves are activated.

Third: Laptop UI Optimisations are now live. (Good news for you track pad warriors!)

Taken together, these advancements mean you can play D:OS at home at your PC battle station, during your lunch break at work on your Mac, and on-the-go on your laptop of either make. And you can play it with anybody else who has a good taste in RPGs, whether they have a PC or a Mac.
Next we get information on a new Collector Edition.

The Collector's Edition (the same backers in the $95 tier will get) is currently in production and here's what you can expect:

fc0f89435a9f6d1b0f47d85d520a1a0e_large.jpg

The Collector's Edition includes:

• Four Divinity titles (Two copies of D:OS on two DVDs; Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity for download)
  • Zandalor's trunks & the Golden Grail DLC
  • Maradino's Alchemical Cards for in-game crafting
  • Cloth map of Andavale
  • Collector's Edition Stickers
  • Two-sided Poster
  • Collector's Edition Soundtrack on CD-ROM
  • Game Manual
  • Zandalor's Deck of Playing Cards
  • Bellegar's RPG dice
How do I get my hands on one of these?

The English edition is available worldwide exclusively through the Larian Vault.

IMPORTANT! There are only 1500 English versions of the Collector's Edition available; the rest is reserved for our Kickstarter backers. We aren't planning a re-print (the organisational acumen it takes confuses and frightens we developer-types), so get your loot while it's available.

A limited set of German, French & Polish editions will be available via retail.

In the Benelux, a limited amount of English editions can be found in Game Mania
The rest of the update is about a Beta update & Beta Testers.

We need beta testers!

We've had a secret army of testers combing through the game for us these last months, but we're in need of fresh eyes and fresh perspectives. If you know you've got an upcoming weekday off and are in the vicinity of Gent, Belgium, we'd love to hear from you.

We are looking for two types of testers to join us between now and release.

The Rookies. Testers who have never played D:OS in any form before. We need fresh eyes to help us see where the game can be made more intuitive to new players and to improve our current tutorial.

The Veterans. Testers who have completed all or most of the beta content and are ready to delve into our other, never-before-released mid- and end-game content.

Testers must be available to join us at our office in Gent, Belgium for a day of testing. Send inquiries to playtesting@larian.com.
More information.

Collectors Edition looks good!

you missed this:

… In closing

We still need to fulfill some of the Kickstarter rewards and we wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten. This week for instance the RPGWatch & RPGCodex quest was finalised and we'll soon have news for the people who have rewards like design your henchmen.

Have a great weekend everybody & see you in the global chat!

More copies of Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity. I think I'm going to own 3 copies with that CE. :D

I found the game cheap and got it yesterday. I tried it for 2 hours and stopped. It's amazing but I'll wait for the final product. The release date is one day before my birthday, best present I could give to myself!

Lots of goodies but nothing I really want for the price. I like the soundtrack, manual and the cloth map, not that interested in the rest.

I want stuff like lore books that add extra details and stories that draw me more into the game world. The way the older Ultima's used to do that was the best, I wish someone would do that now. I used to read and re-read the manuals and compendiums that came with those games. Now its mostly useless junk I will never use.

Still looking forward to the game though.

I have yet to see a CE of any game that I thought was worth more than $5 and they always cost a LOT more than that.

There's some griping going on the boards now regarding the stat requirements for a lot of abilities. From what I saw it all looked pretty normal to me. An ability that takes advantage of fast reactions requires high dex or speed, for instance.

There's some griping going on the boards now regarding the stat requirements for a lot of abilities. From what I saw it all looked pretty normal to me. An ability that takes advantage of fast reactions requires high dex or speed, for instance.

People will always complains when the lose a feature, even if it was an improvement. Larian's reasons for the change is not baseless though.

I played the beta recently and it was incredibly addictive. Such a fantastic game!

Also here are the patch notes which showed up in the Larian forums after the announcement.

The most recent patch has some serious issues. The biggest problem is that 90% of the weapon and armor loot you find is unusable by anyone in the party. Everything you find has level requirements that are several levels above your party's level. Most treasure needs to be useable with the occasional piece that you might have to wait for. Also for a minimum skill investment, you can unlock every wizard class and have 3 spells from each for use. It has made being a Jack of all Trades quite easy. You don't need to specialize, except in the non-combat areas. Right now the power-builds are two mages, one that can do a little close combat with touch spells and the other a healer/long range damager. Give the close person one level of "way of the warrior" and the distance guy one level of "way of the ranger". Other party members are just there to carry loot as you won't need them for fighting.

@crpgnut is this addressed to the devs already?

According to Amazon Germany, the German-language CE will cost 69,99 Euros there. That's quite an hefty sum !

@HiddenX Yes. I've seen games lose focus because the developers are trying to please the forum base rather than make the game they planned originally. The newest beta has too many confusing conditions on the skills, traits, and equipment. This pleases grognard's but loses the main spectrum of players, imo.

The game is okay but went backwards in playability with this release.

price seems ok

Don't forget it's 2 D:OS licenses, so you're actually only paying 10€ extra for CE since 60€ = 2keys on steam

Back
Top Bottom