Gothic 3 Please help....

beavis_

Traveler
when i go to se the ork boss in gelden to talk he said "to bad ..... all suspicious people will die" ...... what to do ? does I need more reputation with the orks? (i dont want to help them but i want to finish some qust .... In silden i have the same problem when i try to finish the quest "Talk to the warlord Umbrak about supplies.".

you have most likely liberated more than 3 towns. this is a negative 'reputation' you have earned that is not shown but has a global effect on the game. if only the leaders are attacking you then your situation is not as dire, but improving your reputation with the orcs won't help. just stay away from the leaders and do the other quests. keep liberating towns though and all orcs will want you dead. in the future know that when you go to the desert the same will apply and if you liberate more than 2 towns there the hashishin will hate you as well. crushing towns or liberating them are huge events that will realisticly affect the way races/factions respond to you.

The game is not really clear about this but the most effective way seems to be not to free towns but to play along with the status quo until you vist all towns doing all quest you wish gaining up until you have to choose sides in each town, grabbing all the Teleport Stones then once you have been everywhere and done all you wanted decide which side to help.

Though if you continue freeing towns it will be more than just the leaders you have to avoid.
At around freeing 5 (?) towns you are kill on site whenever any Ork sees you even if you are in teh Desert.
There are some post around about freeing towns and how many causes what effect, iir.

10x. now i understand. I wish i knew this earlier.

In my experience its not a matter of how many towns you've liberated. Its a matter of whether you've liberated any new towns after getting the "bad news" warning. Hostility is triggered by talking to orc leaders.

If you dont liberate any more towns or avoid talking to orc leaders after the first warning you should be safe.

it is not a mater of safe ..... i could kill them all. I just want to finish some qust that cant be done without speek with the ork boss. :(

Its a matter of whether you've liberated any new towns after getting the "bad news" warning.

I dont want to know what this is, but am very curious as to whether it is possible to miss this warning, or will you get it without knowing about how it comes about.

In other words, could I accidently not get this warning, liberate more towns, and be... uhh.... screwed :p

Also is it still possible to finish the game if you ally with the rebels, and liberate every town as you come to it? Or will this make a key person hostile and you unable to complete the game?

Last edited:
Only weird bugs would make one miss that warning. You get the warning from orc town leaders (or sometimes named black mages in the case of the Hashishin). And you can always avoid getting the second warning by not talking to any leaders after getting the first.

As for the second question I dont know, but I think you could do that. You can definitely do all quests that dont require talking to the local head honcho, initialize liberation by attacking him from outside talking distance (a spell or an arrow will do nicely), kill him in any way you please (he wont talk if pissed at you) to make sure he wont run away with any essential items, and then either stay to duke it out or teleport to the outskirts of town and take on the orcs one by one. Ditto for Hashishin, but you wont be able to get into Ishtar peacefully if you play this way. A mild spoiler is that Trelis and Mora Sul are the towns where you'll want to talk to everyone. You could also make sure to do those two cities early in your career, and then just accept that orcs/hashishin attack you on sight at other locations. The latter would perhaps make roleplaying sense, but you'll miss out on some hints about whats going on in the world that way.

I'm fairly convinced that the rumour that is floating around that orc/hashishin hostility is triggered by liberating a fixed number of cities is false. A lot of people seem to believe that it is unsafe to liberate more than 3 orc cities, but I liberated all in my previous game without getting attacked on sight anywhere. The unsafe behaviour is rather to liberate 3 or more, talk to a leader to get a warning, liberate one or more beyond that, and talk to another leader to get the second "warning".

Another interesting observation is that both successful liberation and "liberation attack" (when the entire town comes for you) seem to be triggered by the total number of deaths in a city at the time when you make your first kill. I lead sandcrawlers into Bakaresh and made them kill about half the garrison of the temple there, after which it was enough for me to murder one Hashishin to get the "someone is murdering our people" warning, and one more to start liberation. Both murder victims were well out of sight. Without external "help" I think you need more murders to start liberation. At any rate it seems certain that the total death count determines whether liberation is successful, as killing about five of them was enough to set the city free.

MORE EXPLICIT SPOILERS: I've observed two ways of breaking the main quest through liberation quests. Namely letting people with keys in Mora Sul (particularly Gonzales who you need 75% to get to) or the Trelis orc leader run away. It also used to be possible to make the Shaman holding the essential ancestor stone in Nordmar run away, but I didnt notice "liberation behaviour" by that particular orc camp after the patch. Both can be avoided by doing all the quests in the respective cities, but if you like me end up without enough rep to get to Gonzales (quite possible as the MS quests branch) you can solve it by simply running in there and kill him first of all... Then you can teleport to the outskirts of town and pick of enemies as they come for you one at a time.

I think PB should make it necessary to kill the NPCs holding essential items in order to achieve victory in those cities. General scripts for liberation and such probably saved them quite a bit of development time, but they should have put in a few exceptions in order to ensure consistency of the game. It would suck to have to restart at level 40 because a main quest item is gone.

someone told me that "There are a few fractions in Gothic 3, you may work for. In the further part of the game you will have to decide which side you are definitely supporting, but until this moment you may work for everyone. Regularly check your reputation level: when it exceeds 50 points troubles appear. For example, having more than 50 points of reputation with Rebels, you may still talk to Orcs, but their leaders order to kill you without hesitation. ". That's true???

someone told me that "There are a few fractions in Gothic 3, you may work for. In the further part of the game you will have to decide which side you are definitely supporting, but until this moment you may work for everyone. Regularly check your reputation level: when it exceeds 50 points troubles appear. For example, having more than 50 points of reputation with Rebels, you may still talk to Orcs, but their leaders order to kill you without hesitation. ". That's true???

The reputation itself has nothing to do with other factions, only the fact how many cities you liberated and if you talked to the leaders. And in the Citys itself - if you robbed killed people with letting another see it...

The reputation itself has nothing to do with other factions, only the fact how many cities you liberated and if you talked to the leaders. And in the Citys itself - if you robbed killed people with letting another see it...

That's true. Also I'm pretty sure you will always get the warning first.

In you original post you said the orc leader is saying "all suspicious people will die". Right, the warning will be something like "if the liberating of our cities won't stop, we will have to kill all suspicious people".

actually Danicek that's at least the 2nd warning not the first. i'm pretty sure the orc's response globally to you is not dependent on whether or not you've talked to the leaders to recieve a 'warning'. so if you liberated the breaking point of towns and talked to a leader for the first time-it would be all over for you with the orcs. it's just a coincedence that most people are getting warnings first as the likelyhood of talking to a orc leader between liberating your 2nd and 4th town is pretty high.

Actually it did not work that way for me only the Leader addressed me about the death of a faction member at least with Kahn and Zuben.
In each case I tested this they are the only ones whom spoke to me a warning when a faction member was killed and no one saw me do it.

I can't say what PBs intent was/is since different people are experiencing different versions or we are talking about two different things which are subtly similar.

In my experiment, I killed a Hasshian without anyone seeing then went into the closest town he was from walking in front of guards with no warning, then teleported to Zuben getting a announcement/warning and I got the same experience with Khan.

actually Danicek that's at least the 2nd warning not the first. i'm pretty sure the orc's response globally to you is not dependent on whether or not you've talked to the leaders to recieve a 'warning'. so if you liberated the breaking point of towns and talked to a leader for the first time-it would be all over for you with the orcs. it's just a coincedence that most people are getting warnings first as the likelyhood of talking to a orc leader between liberating your 2nd and 4th town is pretty high.

It is dependent on the number of warnings. I've tested both with Hashishin and Orcs. Liberating all cities except for two (Faring+Geldern or Ishtar+Mora Sul), talked to the leaders, got the first warning, and nothing else unless I liberate one more. It is too reproducable to be a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom