Skyrim - Dragonborn DLC Available

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Bethsoft sent word that the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim is now available on Xbox Live for 1600 points.
We’re pleased to announce that Dragonborn™, the next official add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim®, is now available worldwide for download for 1600 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE®.
With Dragonborn™, journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary – the first Dragonborn.
For more information on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® or Dragonborn™, please visit www.elderscrolls.com.
More information.

Just remember if your planning to buy the dlc for the pc it will be released next year. Typical Bethesda that's all there is to it.:)

This stupid delay is why I never bought Dawnguard. The excitement wears off. They must not like money.

This stupid delay is why I never bought Dawnguard. The excitement wears off. They must not like money.

I don't understand this point of view. How can the excitement wear off if you haven't played it yet? Do you mean you are watching Xbox let's play videos and learning about spoiler details for quests?

I understand a lot of people would like to play it over the holidays - in my case, they could delay it for a few months before I even have time to play. I don't care that the Xbox gets it 30 days early.

There have been plenty of games or DLC over the years that launch on one platform, with another platform becoming available as much as a year later.

Interested in this but will wait until it has been incorporated\tested with tons of mods. I like Skyrim alot but that is with about 30 mods.

Interested in this but will wait until it has been incorporated\tested with tons of mods. I like Skyrim alot but that is with about 30 mods.

This will sound weird but that's one of the problems I have with the TES series. Modding is great but it's only with mods that the game is truly good.

I'd like to rate a game based on it's original design. Based on that, Oblivion was an abysmal experience for me :-/

I have yet to try Skyrim although I have watched a friend play it.

This will sound weird but that's one of the problems I have with the TES series. Modding is great but it's only with mods that the game is truly good.

I'd like to rate a game based on it's original design. Based on that, Oblivion was an abysmal experience for me :-/
This is my experience as well... Morrowind was great (IIRC) - I suppose all the clunkiness was acceptable back then - but Oblivion required dozens of mods to be anywhere near playable and Skyrim seems the same. And even after days of finding and installing mods what you have is a mostly playable sandbox mode, where the main content is killing and stealing random stuff to decorate your house. The killing part isn't fun either because combat is so poor.

I just started my skyrim playthrough on the ps3, so no mods, and I'm having quite a bit of fun regardless. Melee combat would indeed be one of the weak points, but as a mage the combat feels satisfying (blasting people away with chain lightning).

Unlike what I read on the internet I haven't found too many (ps3) bugs so far (1 freeze), but then again I'm on the latest patch.

As for Bethesda not liking money: I guess they must get more money from Microsoft for the xbox exclusive than they lose from the pc/ps3 crowd for releasing it late.

I have yet to try Skyrim although I have watched a friend play it.

Skyrim is awesome. Its nothing near Oblivion.

Granted its not as complex as Morrowind (why nobody didnt make complexity mod is beyond me) But its better in many other aspects.

If you like RPGs for feeling of immersion in fantasy world - like really being there ( instead liking RPGs for number crunching ) there is nothing like Skyrim (and perhaps demon souls)

As excited as I am to play this, I'm going to put it off because I'm still not done with my Oblivion play-through. I also have put off Dawnguard and Hearthfire, so I have a ton of new content to play through when I start a new Skyrim character. Who knows when that will be though because I haven't even finished half of the content in Oblivion (and I'm 200 hours in). Too many games not enough time.

I don't know, Twotricks.

To me, Bethesda is like the Apple of RPGs. Crazily over-hyped and the games don't seem to be anywhere near the level of excellence they are made out to be.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure the games are good. But I doubt I will find them great.

And I'm no thrill-seeking FPS junkie. I love RPGs. Both eastern and western. And neither am I a graphics whore, I still adore the Infinity Engine games! :)

But TES series makes a lot of people happy. So good for them!

I don't know, Twotricks.

To me, Bethesda is like the Apple of RPGs. Crazily over-hyped and the games don't seem to be anywhere near the level of excellence they are made out to be.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure the games are good. But I doubt I will find them great.

And I'm no thrill-seeking FPS junkie. I love RPGs. Both eastern and western. And neither am I a graphics whore, I still adore the Infinity Engine games! :)

But TES series makes a lot of people happy. So good for them!

Skyrim is not overhyped. It is tad simplified from Morrowind, but its way better than Oblivion in RPG sphere.

Its much more about journey than any of those games. Its just about being in the world and exploring. But I agree that experience is far more visual than literary (like in infinity engine games)

Anyway. Its far from hoax or hype. Its actually that good. I strongly recommend you at least to play it at friends place :)

Skyrim is not overhyped. It is tad simplified from Morrowind, but its way better than Oblivion in RPG sphere.

Its much more about journey than any of those games. Its just about being in the world and exploring. But I agree that experience is far more visual than literary (like in infinity engine games)

Anyway. Its far from hoax or hype. Its actually that good. I strongly recommend you at least to play it at friends place :)

Alrighty. I'll give it a whirl when it's on Steam sale. Most probably in a few weeks or so, i guess :)

It's really about presenting an immersive world that's easy to lose time in. And exploration of course. If you don't like that sort of thing, then it's not for you.

I consider Morrowind and Oblivion roughly equal for VERY different reasons. Skyrim, however, is FAR superior to both of them combined.

But that's me.

After mods, I think Skyrim is the closest I've ever been to realising some of my boyhood dreams about what gaming would one day become.

Why do you think Skyrim is FAR superior to the other 2? I have all 3 as equals. They are like children to me. I can't pick a favorite.

Why do you think Skyrim is FAR superior to the other 2? I have all 3 as equals. They are like children to me. I can't pick a favorite.

Because my main issues with both games are all but gone.

From Morrowind:

The awful one-swing dice-based combat system.
The abysmal model animations.
The dreary text-based presentation.
The super-samey dungeons.
The poor performance.

From Oblivion:

The crappy story and writing.
The samey locations.
The extreme level scaling.
The limited amount of voice actors.

Beyond that, Skyrim introduces a great character system with perks - and it takes the production values and puts them over the top. The setting is great - and I think it represents the first Bethesda game where all the separate systems come together to a cohesive whole working in reasonable harmony. Fallout 3 was close, but didn't quite get there.

There are still issues with the game, however - with the main thing being that it's still too easy and skills are poorly balanced. Stuff like sneaking is not at the high level I require it to be.

That said, it tops my previous favorite game System Shock and is now the most impressive game I've ever played - and I have to give Bethesda credit for finally pulling off what they've tried to do since Arena.

Back
Top Bottom