Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Planescape: Torment

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • None (Leave Comment)

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well here is version two of the last poll since people seem to have a problem with the last poll. So once again what is your favorite Infinity Engine Game?

Only one answer can be chosen this time so make it count.

PS:I'm not taking anymore feedback for the poll.

I hope this one is better than the last one as I'm not redoing the options.:evilgrin:

Last edited:
Even if you're not taking feedback, we can still give it, right? ;)
Sure go ahead but I won't be listening though.;)

(I swear if the sky was falling some of you would say it wasn't)

Anyway I chose Planescape: Torment as it's the best of the bunch to me.:p

Last edited:
I picked "none". Technically, it's probably BG2, but that's because it's the first one I played, so "super nostalgia" in effect.

My problem is that I prefer certain aspects of each of the games, so I always feel like I'm missing something when I play the others. For example, I'm really not a fan of Planescape:Torment class system, but it has the better story/characters.

For example, I'm really not a fan of Planescape:Torment class system, but it has the better story/characters.
It actually uses the well loved 2nd edition Dungeons and Dragons rules and classes like most of the Infinity Engine games, yet notice you singled this game out as having a poor class system.

Why? I think it's because in Planescape, and only Planescape, you had to decide on your stats at the start of the game with no real idea what you were doing then find classes scattered around town. How many people here didn't have to start again because of this uniquely bad design? :(

PS. I'm sick of BG2 so I voted for IWD2. Of the lot, it probably had the best co-op multiplayer due to being more combat heavy than BG titles. It also had the unique Heart of Fury mode for more replayability and a very fun iteration of the 3RD edition D&D rules with the best Sorcerer of any Infinity Engine Sorcerer. :)

BG2 for me. Loved IWD , but only played it once. IWD2 doubt I'll ever play again. Still haven't gotten past the beginning of Ps:T

BG2 is near the top of my all-time fave list, much higher than any of the others ... so it wins this one for me :)

And PS:T is for me THE best game I've ever played, independent of genre. So there's no reward for correctly guessing what I chose.

pibbur who enjoyed all of the iGam.. oops , sorry … iNfinity Engine games

For me it's BG1 but BG2 was excellent as well. IWD i just couldn't get into and while I finished Torment, it was a long and hard process to do so.

Hard to say, Planescape Torment is the best RPG of all, but Baldur's gate 2 makes a better use of the IE than PT and BG1, while BG1 is the father of them all, the one that made the revolution in RPGs.

I voted I.W.D. as that's the only one I finished without being bored :eek:) Even I.W.D. 2 disappointed me. I never played P.T. much past the morgue (I died on the first combat outside and never bothered launching a second attempt !).

It actually uses the well loved 2nd edition Dungeons and Dragons rules and classes like most of the Infinity Engine games, yet notice you singled this game out as having a poor class system.

Why? I think it's because in Planescape, and only Planescape, you had to decide on your stats at the start of the game with no real idea what you were doing then find classes scattered around town. How many people here didn't have to start again because of this uniquely bad design? :(

Less or more. I much prefer starting a game with a class (when the game is class based) than having to run around the game to find them.

The Icewind Dale games had to be my favorite, I think, because those did the best job of creating an atmosphere. Though I think the rules were way more streamlined in IWD 2 (because of the switch to 3.0 ruleset…).

Looks like Planescape: Torment is in the lead by one vote.:celebrate:'

My next poll on Monday will be an easy one and ask one simple question.

RTwP or Turn Based Combat?

Which one do you all prefer we will all know on Monday.;)

Last edited:
Looks like Planescape: Torment is in the lead by one vote.:celebrate:'

My next poll on Monday will be an easy one and ask one simple question.

RTwP or Turn Based Combat?

Which one do you all prefer we will all know on Monday.;)

That's not at all an easy question, I like both...

The question, without context, won't be worth that much.

Some games are better with real-time and some are better with turn-based, in my opinion.

The question, without context, won't be worth that much.

Some games are better with real-time and some are better with turn-based, in my opinion.
Okay Dart I'll take the bait. How would you word the poll?;)

Keep in mind that wasn't my full question just a preview.

I was thinking of using the following on the new poll on Monday.

"What's your preferred combat system in Isometric RPGs?"

And the two options will be what I said above.

"RTwP or Turn Based Combat?"

So is that better? Also I'm open to suggetsions for new polls just send a PM.
:)

Last edited:
Both polls are quite easy, actually:

1. Planescape: Torment is one of the best games ever made, and this DESPITE using IE...
2. ...which of course bring to the fact the RTwP is just bad, oh so very bad... TB combat is the ONLY viable option.....

Back
Top Bottom