Krater - Collector's Edition Preorder

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You can now preorder the digital Collector's Edition of Krater from their own shop for $9.99 Euro, which gives you a Steam key and beta access with the full game due in April:
The Collector’s Edition

The pre-order of the Collector’s edition of Krater that is available at the Fatshark store contains the following:
KRATER – SHADOWS OVER SOLSIDE

The main story told in Krater begins in Shadows over Solside, the first of three episodes set in the Krater world. The campaign opening present one of three major factions located in the crater, the Solside nation. It allows you to explore its many towns and settlements or wander of to explore its vast wilderness and many entries to the Underside.
Start to explore Krater from the town of Norrmalm, a lively hub close the ridge that separates the crater nations from the rest of the world. There you will find plenty of people that can guide you in how to set up a team and get them proper equipment. They may also be able to hook you up with some, i not lucrative, but at least paid assignments.

• First player race is humans who comes with four class specializations (Bruiser, Medikus, Regulator and The Hetzer).
  • First episode of the Krater trilogy main story and more than 200 side quests.
  • Full access to the Solside nation and its array of towns and settlements.
  • A number of human and less-human enemy factions as well as wasteland beasts and Underside monsters.
ADDITIONAL CHARACTER DLC

Tired of seeing the same faces at work everyday? Do you feel that your team is lacking tactical options? Why don’t you hire the Mutant healer known as Dr. Cerebro as a valuable addition to your team.
The Mutants are a new player breed introduced to the Krater world with new abilities and options available.
We are confident in that Dr. Cerebro will prove valuable for the whole team.
SOUNDTRACK

Digital soundtrack (14 tracks by Christian Gabel including exclusive material and artwork from the film that inspired Krater).
More information.

Does anyone have any impressions? Has anyone even seen any impressions for this? I can easily be convinced to jump at this price, but I won't do it entirely blindly.

I got into the alpha via that IGN Prime deal.

I played it only for a bit but it seems neat enough. You control a small party of 3 and do action-rpg things using a sorta RTS-y interface with an isometric view. I did some quests, walked around, shot some guys. I am going to poke at it more today, but my very brief first impressions were generally positive.

Last edited:
I have played the alpha version. I can't say anything because it's supposed to be confidential, but what I can say about the developers is that they are very open to opinions and listen to the testers.

Because of the NDA I won't say much, but the game does have a lot of potential. It reminds me a lot of a Darkspore style gameplay with your party and skills that are usable. After playing a little bit of the Alpha, I'm definitely preordering this title for sure.

Apparently here I'm the only beta tester who didn't like the beta at all.
As the others, anyway, I can't say much more.

Interesting. I'll probably hold off for now, and maybe see if I can get a better sense for what I'd be getting. Thanks for the heads up folks.

I got into the beta but since I used my cousin's PC steam account on her PC for it and it runs only on win XP, i couldnt get the game to start. Krater only supports win 7

Back
Top Bottom