Dragon Age: Inquisition - Bioware Aware of Community Concerns

aries100

SasqWatch
Mark Darrah has made this thread at the DAI forums to adress the concerns raised by the community after the release of this game. A patch is being worked that'll adress these
issues.

Driver support
Hitching and frame rate issues in cutscenes
Feedback on keyboard and mouse controls
General user interface optimizations for PC

We've been following these issues closely and are looking into them. Player experience is a top priority for us. Our goal is to address as many of these as possible in our upcoming patches, including some in our next patch, which is underway. We'll release further details in the coming days and will continue to monitor your concerns.
Thanks to Ansa at the DAI forums for finding this.

More information.

This game is so huge with so many quests, branches, areas, etc, I'm amazed it's not a bug-filled mess even with the delay, so I'll give them a break about the awkwardness of PC controls. But I am looking forward to the update to address this.

Just another reminder why you should never play the first few weeks after release. Something I never learn...

It's true. This game is absolutely massive. Its scope is staggering.

I can't even imagine how long this game would have to be in Early Access to iron out all the bugs if this were an indie title.

Yeah, I'm not going to bash them for these issues. Hope they sort them out quickly though, because I'm too tempted to play this sooner rather than later.

Kill a goat. Another one respawns immediately.
That's a sign of endless respawn grinder that doesn't have enough different content.

Those who still didn't buy the game, stay tuned, I wonder if the game also respawns bosses with idiotic rates like does with rams.

It's true. This game is absolutely massive. Its scope is staggering.

I can't even imagine how long this game would have to be in Early Access to iron out all the bugs if this were an indie title.
Massive and filled with MMO combat and quests. How much of its content is actually worth talking about?

Massive and filled with MMO combat and quests. How much of its content is actually worth talking about?

Well that would be entirely a matter of opinion, wouldn't it?

If it's true what Ansa says, this is quite a disaster. Is it really that bad?

Oh just to say… harvestables respawn on area exit/enter.
And you need them to… Improve (buy) pots or craft.
Now hear this - there is a perk you can get that grants you collecting 2-3 herbs at once instead of 1. Something like that.
ROTFL
What purpose that perk is for? moneysink pointsink feature?
You need 1 elfroot to make healing pot, big deal. Exit/enter area till you gather enough of them.

Unbloodybelievable.
Escapist says 10/10, who am I to disagree.

If it's true what Ansa says, this is quite a disaster. Is it really that bad?

No, Morrandir. :rolleyes:

I'd say if you're on the fence about it, wait for a sale, but believe me, it's not that bad. I'm having a blast with it, and my wife has been glued to the screen for every spare minute she's had since we got it. And she's as harsh an RPG critic as anyone. I think it all comes down to taste, and while I admit that there's things I can nitpick and things I wish they'd done differently, overall it's a pretty amazing game. And I hate EA as much as anyone here.

But no. I've seen worse. Much, much, MUCH worse.

I agree with Aubrielle pretty much on all points. It is hardly a disaster but so much is a matter of taste. I have things I don't like but overall still good.

In the end I judge how good a game is by how much I want to play and so far every night I am itching to play .. which is what I am going to do in a moment now that chores are done.

Unbloodybelievable.
Escapist says 10/10, who am I to disagree.

You guys are scaring the crap out of me. Not only did I do it at full price which I never do, but I bought the deluxe edition. If I am going to buy something for full price I'll buy the collectors edition and even pay tax. 😜

But I fell victim to the hype. Not the hype of the media machine but the hype of the esteemed posters on this forum. Everybody seemed like they were wanting to preorder or saying they did preorder and what sent me over the edge was when joxer said he would preorder. Couple that with all the great reviews and I thought "surely I will have a lot of fun with this game and it will go to the head of my backlog."
With my backlog it's absolutely silly to fall victim to the hype machine. Yes I did. Perhaps I will test out there seven day return policy. I don't think I'll have time in the next seven days to sit down and play it well enough or long enough to know if it lives up to the hype, so Maybe I should return it now and buy it later when it's all patched up and on sale, like I have done for 200 other games over the last 18 months. If I'm going to buy-and-hold it might be better if I didn't spend $75

I think you're OK. There will be patches (as well as DLC). Probably waiting a month or 2 is a good idea anyway. It's what I am planning. Got lots of goodies in the backlog, too. Although I am tempted to pull the trigger DA:I.

Benetar, don't panic. Remember that a lot of people like to blow up and attack games right at launch, especially big AAA games like Bioware/EA ones (you see this all the time on Metacritic). If you really wanna return it and buy it a couple months down the line, that's totally up to you and nobody would fault you. But people are treating this like Battlefield 4.

It's not Battlefield 4. And it's not Gothic 3. And it's also not any Call of Duty ever released. It's not even X Rebirth.

This is a really, really good game. And keep in mind all the harsh things I've said about games at launch…I don't always say that.

But if you want to return it and wait…that's never a bad idea.

If the risk of you not enjoying it as much as you hoped is bothering you that much, I'd go ahead and return it for sure, and wait for a sale. Not because it's not good, but why stress yourself over a game purchase?

I think it's worth bearing in mind that we run the risk of over-thinking and over-discussing things. If I'd read pages of super-critical analysis of the problems in my favorite rpgs (like path finding, bugs, balance issues) I might have missed the most enjoyable games I ever played.

I'm a bit irritated by the lack of respect for PC and the console first design that retards almost every game these days but at least this isn't a pure action game where it's a "controller recommended" and I don't even bother. The PC UI could be better - I don't mind the controls and don't even get what some people are complaining about - you can rebind keys find, so people have to complain they can't rebind the left mouse button. Ok then. BioWare could give you $5 and you'd complain that it's 5 1's.

It's cool that they're going to work on it but at the same time - this can't be new info so why wait til release to make the PC UI suck less?

Well that would be entirely a matter of opinion, wouldn't it?

Agreed. In some ways the game feels like an MMORPG to me due to the scale but I've yet to feel like I'm doing typical MMORPG quest grinding. There's a really good variety of quests. And realistically, NO game, RPG or MMORPG included, is going to be able to throw down 50-200 hours of content without some repetition involved (I expect I'll be closer to 200 when I finally finish since I'm in no rush and like to explore).

Actually, I'm feeling like I should probably do some of the story quest because I'm mostly just doing side quests, exploring, dinking around, and I've amassed a ton of power and I'm probably way behind...but I don't care. I'm in the desert now and would rather keep exploring.

Agreed. In some ways the game feels like an MMORPG to me due to the scale but I've yet to feel like I'm doing typical MMORPG quest grinding. There's a really good variety of quests. And realistically, NO game, RPG or MMORPG included, is going to be able to throw down 50-200 hours of content without some repetition involved (I expect I'll be closer to 200 when I finally finish since I'm in no rush and like to explore).

Actually, I'm feeling like I should probably do some of the story quest because I'm mostly just doing side quests, exploring, dinking around, and I've amassed a ton of power and I'm probably way behind…but I don't care. I'm in the desert now and would rather keep exploring.

And I think that's the beauty of it. So many of these types of games...you know, the AAA Bioware-style games (usually bad console ports, all of them), make you feel so rushed. I think the Assassin's Creed games (3 was the last one I played) are really bad about that. But DA:I just tells you, hey, go out and build the Inquisition. You're not railroaded at all, and how you do that is up to you. You've got the freedom to explore, to build your power base in whatever way you see fit, and whenever you get around to the story, hey, great. Then you can go back and do those other quests you never got to, and maybe go explore that dark corner of the map. Lots and lots of freedom.

The Watch has some of the harshest critics when it comes to RPGs. And so far it seems the watchers here who are playing the game, have lots of good things to say. I don't think there's much to worry about.

Ah, but what is the Codex saying??!! :D

Back
Top Bottom