Legends of Eisenwald - Update 0.977 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Aterdux Entertainment posted the next Developer Diary update for Legends of Eisenwald with information on a new patch for the game, and included a new video.

Update 0.977 brings many fixes. The most interesting are listed here:

• Added dialog window for the new interface. Adding 3D-character portraits still in progress;
  • Added sounds when you visit buildings;
  • Fixed an issue when portraits and characters mismatch;
  • The game no longer crashes, if you use Alt-tab;
  • Removed debug mode from steam-version (less recording to a hard drive, less loading);
  • Fixed head movement of characters;
  • Custom scenarios are in “Custom” tab and main scenarios are in “Basic” tab;
  • Fixed inventory transfer from one scenario to another;
  • Pop-up windows of tutorial appear in time now;
  • Army no longer uses quest items;
  • Fortifications have defense bonus;
  • Added new weapons, armor and amulets;
  • Changed visibility of enemy armies on the quest map.
In parallel, we tuned up special effects and shaders in a separate test project.

We would like to show you how the custom interface has changed in the game since the time of a first review, since the time of launching “Legends of Eisenwald” in Steam “Early Access”.

The old interface has come a long way, it has changed three designers and it was obvious that most users didn’t find it too good, originally. We’ve changed and redrawn it completely. Closer to release we will add some new features and, from our point of view, it is looking quite good. Maybe it is time to go back and compare how the game looks now?
More information.

What's the current ETA of the final release?

The developer answered that question in the last news-bit. I also look forward to playing the finished game myself sometime early next year.:)
We tried to push for release now, in October. But that would have amounted to what some other games on Steam did - just proclaimed the game ready despite not being done. DF9 is a particularly good example to that. So, we keep working and will release early next year. New interface is almost done with fixing bugs, and other tasks are also in process. All chapter content is ready in Russian and mostly in English and being translated into other languages.

Last edited:
Thanks! :)
I just noticed that I even liked that posting. So I read it but forgot already. *sigh*

Quite sure it was the Morrandir from the past. ;)

Back
Top Bottom