RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Added the options for doing a search for developers and publishers as well in the 'GAMES" menu tab.

As you will see the info is limited, but we are working on a way to involve the community in getting this information up to date.

On the first page down at the bottom, right underneath the last forum listing!!

Second kalniel's request. :) and nice work on the Games menu options. One step closer to that comprehensive database. That's about the only thing I miss from the Dot.

Also a question that may have been asked before, is there any way to search the News section for all the newsposts on a particular game?

It may be there and I'm just not seeing it.

Last edited:
Thank you. Easy to use and very helpful.

But then I mark EVERYTHING as read. I just want to mark separate forums.

For single forums, Forum Tools -> Mark This Forum Read.

There's no complaints from me, it's more of a curiosity than anything - i've become aware of the words/letters spelled as *&acute* contained within the posts and articles of certain rpgwatch admin's.

Might be fixed now. We'll know for sure once Gorath posts a new newsbit. ;)

Would it be possible (or desirable, to anyone else) to have the posts there act as links to the most recent/last post, rather than to the beginning of the thread?

Mm, yes, that kinda make sense. It's something Myrthos would have to change though. Currently the links are all like showthread.php?t=xxxx, whereas they'd need to be like showthread.php?p=xxxxx#postxxxxx
In vBulletin language: showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]p=$postinfo[postid]#post$postinfo[postid]

As I see it. The day RPGWatch gets the game database up and running and the Future Watch (what ever it is) activated, this website will be unmatched.

Half of the Future Watch is already activated, actually. Read: pictures and polls. ;)

Last edited:
What happened to RPGWatch today ? I received a message saying that there was no web page/site for this URL ...

Yeah, small mistake, big effects.

I keep getting a syntax error on line 271 message when I log in to the main news page. Is it just me and how do I fix that? Not a big deal I guess but stuff like that annoys and makes me want to go hummmm!

Hummm! Please clarify. As you can't log in to the main news page by design, you must be seeing ghosts. ;)

Would it be possible add a button to "show all" for the databases (games, devs, publishers)? Browsing by letter isn't that much fun. ;)

Well, I got an idea after reading VPeric's post. Perhaps you could implement a user rating system to each game in the database so it is possible for registered users of this website to rate every game and then the scores are accumulated to represent an average score (Using your five star system).
Then next to the "Show all"-button there could be a "Show all by user rating"-button.

What say you?

I suppose I just miss that top 100 page from RPGDot.

And what about the possiblity of adding user reviews to a specific game in your database? And others to be able to rate user reviews.

And I've also thought about the possiblity to select which games to show in the database. So that you could deselect specifically MMORPGs or RPGs to appear in your browsing/search.

I guess I should just get back to my English essay instead of spending my time writing about different ideas here.
You've probably already thought of it all, haven't you?

Well, I got an idea after reading VPeric's post. Perhaps you could implement a user rating system to each game in the database so it is possible for registered users of this website to rate every game and then the scores are accumulated to represent an average score (Using your five star system).
Then next to the "Show all"-button there could be a "Show all by user rating"-button.

What say you?

I suppose I just miss that top 100 page from RPGDot.

And what about the possiblity of adding user reviews to a specific game in your database? And others to be able to rate user reviews.

We´ve had something like that at RPGDot, and were very unhappy about it. The whole thing simply doesn´t work.
You always have a couple of idiots who think one game rules and all the rest sucks, so they feel the need to give 10/10 to that game and 1/10 to 25 other games. The problem gets even bigger if you consider how many 10s a good game needs to compensate one 1/10.

And I've also thought about the possiblity to select which games to show in the database. So that you could deselect specifically MMORPGs or RPGs to appear in your browsing/search.

I guess I should just get back to my English essay instead of spending my time writing about different ideas here.
You've probably already thought of it all, haven't you?

Of course we already know everything. But we still appreciate your input. :lol::gorath:

Might be fixed now. We'll know for sure once Gorath posts a new newsbit. ;)
It´s not fixed but looks different now. See latest Legend newsbit.

It´s not fixed but looks different now. See latest Legend newsbit.

Let me rephrase that: .. once Gorath posts a new newsbit and someone comments on it.

The bug was in the code that transfered a newsbit to the forum. Several characters like trademarks, special quotation marks and your ´ weren't correctly converted to html code. The ´ in your newsbit looks different because it's written in italics. At least that's my theory.

Your ´'s won't be converted to ''s, if that's what you mean, but they should now be correctly displayed in forum newsbit posts. :)

Arhu

Ok not the news page just the main page I guess. The url is www.rpgwatch.com/?rwsiteid=1
The error is: Runtime Error has occured. Do you want to debug? Error: Syntax error line 271

Back
Top Bottom