Arcania - Teaser Footage @ Gamers Hell

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The first footage I'm aware of for Arcania: A Gothic Tale is up at Gamers Hell. Here's their blurb (53Mb, 1:16:):
We have a new trailer from Arcania: A Gothic Tale, showcasing the next installment in the Gothic series in the works at Spellbound Entertainment for PC and Xbox 360. Arcania: A Gothic Tale will take place 10 years after Gothic 3 and the player will explore various southern islands, each having different climate zones and its own flora and fauna. The player will have again the ability to climb as well as to ride beasts.
More information.

Hmm, a waste of bandwidth if you ask me. There's nothing in that trailer worth seeing..

not much too see but it was interestign nevertheless
only the land of midland? what happened to the name Myrtana?

release Winter 2009 ...
interesting..

2009 will be an epic RPG year with all the titans that are going to be unleashed then.. :)

The only thing worth watching in this movie is the mention of a 2009 winter release. A part of me is hoping they mean in 1,5 years and not a few months, and that they merely wrote the wrong year. Can a game this size be done by this winter? I seem to recall someone (Gorath?) saying they were already working on their RPG when they got the Gothic project, so maybe that's the reason the development has been so fast (tools, engine etc might have been ready).

Oh well, let's hope for the best.

Well they do mention climbing-which brings up excellent possibilities for rogueish gameplay. I wonder if there is a chance we might be able to climb town walls, or building walls and sneak in or out of upper story windows, doors, chimneys (ya right) etc. What an opportunity to broaden gameplay horizons, however unlikely it may be lets hope...

Back
Top Bottom