CD Projekt RED - "Major announcement"on May 30th

Dhruin

SasqWatch
May 30th will see a Summer Conference from CD Projekt Red (these guys have a lot of conferences) with a "major announcement":
We will be hosting a conference on the 30th of May at 5 p.m. GMT. The studio will make a major announcement on that day, so make sure to witness it LIVE! We will also be revealing a lot of other information regarding our products and the DRM-free distribution platform GOG.com.
The conference will be streamed live on our website and at facebook.com/thewitcher.
See a personal invitation from CD Projekt RED's joint-CEO Marcin Iwiński here.
More information.

Witcher Three and a new publisher to release games from on GOG?

Witcher Three and a new publisher to release games from on GOG?

Maybe a similar incentive deal to encourage Kickstarter projects putting their final products on GoG.com DRM free comparable in attractiveness to devs with EA's Origin deal.

I too believe that it is too soon to announce TW3.Some completely new title, or perhaps an expansion for TW2?

TW3 and the announcement of another rpg as stated on there blog. In case people haven't been reading the news CD Projekt RED is looking for help with two new rpgs.

Open positions

RPG in a brand new setting
Technical Animator
Engine Programmer
3D Artist
Character Artist
Quest Designer
Gameplay Designer
Animator New RPG
Environmental Artist
Senior Gameplay Programer

RPG in a dark fantasy World
Senior AI Programmer
Engine Programmer
Character Artist
DesignQuest Designer
Junior Business Developer
Gameplay Programmer
Gameplay Designer
Environmental Artist
Animator
Cinematic Artist

Good stuff. Can't wait to find out what this one will be.

If it's an announcement that there is going to be a major revelation at E3 then there's going to be... trouble.

No, No. They are going to announce TW2 for the playstation! Finally :)

Whatever it is, they have my well deserved support. :>

No, No. They are going to announce TW2 for the playstation! Finally :)

I doubt it. Playstation crowd is even further away from their core audience than xbox mouth-breathers. And we have all seen so far how well that particular experiment ended. They haven't sold even half of the amount they did on the PC. I guess you could draw a few conclusions from this.

1. The impact piracy has on the PC sales is not really as great as some people think.
2. The Witcher franchise is simply not very attractive for the console crowd.
3. You can't sell anything on a console with the help of word of mouth alone, even if the reviews are good. Without marketing budget you'll tank.
4. Timing is everything. You can't really hope to sell a game so close to the release of guaranteed blocbusters.

Open positions

RPG in a brand new setting
RPG in a dark fantasy World

The cynic in me claims that BOTH will be a "dark fantasy world" …

Goodbye, CD Projekt, I won't buy any games from you …

And I'm the minority so my point of view doesn't matter anyway ...

And I'm the minority so my point of view doesn't matter anyway …

Why so negative towards a term that means nothing? The way i see it, there has been no true dark fantasy game yet anyway. Dark fantasy as a term originally meant fantasy, that is deeply influenced by horror literature. These days it's more a buzzword than anything else.

My very personal impression is that there are nowadays nothing but dark fantasy games out there. And meaning "dark" in a broader sense.

And i see that gmes that are "dark" in any sense just do sell very well. Like the Witcher series, for example, or Dragon Age - although that of course had been influenced by the "old school" approach as well … But it was definitively "dark" and "mature" …

I almost assume nowadays that one of the several reasons Draknsang 2 didn't sell was - that it just looked too "immature" to many gamers. Just not dark enough.
Gamers might believe that Drakensang 2 was just … uncool. Too colourful, too immature, to much fairy-tale …

And Bioware used their "mature" & "sex" thing very, very good as a marketing tool - at the expanse of other games that were not themed like this.

I even fear that they have mde a kind of "industry standard" regarding RPGs. For the next time.

And that even although I still believe that this "dark fantasy" theming in games is just a fashion in full swing right now.

This is my personal opinion.

And I'm the minority so my point of view doesn't matter anyway …
Well, I can live with "Dark fantasy world", dark & sexy/sexier/sexiest on the other hand…

Anyway, it's just words, I don't pay much attention to marketing - only the end product, and I still have faith in CDPR, they are 'ok' in my book.

edit: Yeah, dark/gritty/grim or just anything violent-ridden will always appeal more to most, bet the developers love it themselves - it's not like they are doing it just for the cash.So much darkness and gore, but for me there is always my Nintendo consoles, they got all kinds of innocent & colorful games that I love playing.

Last edited:
They can make anything they want and I will buy it like a fanatical blizzard fanboy.:) They deserve it with the way they treat there consumers and the lack of any drm.

I assume the next tes game you would not buy to, thought I tend to agree as you have a valid point, but what can be done since at the moment this setting is in fashion untill something polymorph.

i am a fanboy too , if they make it (and i am not broke and homeless by then) i will buy it

Yes and yes, all the paths for us Greeks seem to lead into more darkness… just sad.Makes me want the next Witcher to be full of rainbows and unicorns.

Okay, not really. :p

And that even although I still believe that this "dark fantasy" theming in games is just a fashion in full swing right now.

That might all be true, but is the solution really to act like a hipster and disregard the fashion completely? A good game is a good game. The problem is not when something becomes a fashion, the problems are poor games which try to milk some money by swinging with that fashion. To me, CD Porjekt RED is clearly not doing that. In witcher 1 and 2 I found the setting and atmosphere rather refreshing compared to other current RPG games.

Back
Top Bottom