Pricewatch!

No client ... good.

I'm a bit worried that Dark Messiah will be a cut version. It was censored in Germany. Nearly all blood removed.

GG has a downloader app for each game separately. You use the app to both download and install the game. You can tell the app to save the downloaded install file(s) (it normally deletes them after install). You may need to keep the downloader app around to reinstall or install somewhere else. Never done that though.

Next 24 hours Skyrim is 50% off on Steam.
Yea, we all have it already, but who knows...

Next 24 hours Skyrim is 50% off on Steam.
Yea, we all have it already, but who knows…

There's also the quakecon bundle -

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15928/

$100 bucks for Skyrim, Morrowind (GOTY), Oblivion (GOTY), FO:NV (Plus all DLC), FO3 (GOTY), Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth, plus pretty much all of iDs stuff too.

Titan quest Gold for 4.99 on Steam, for the next 24 hrs. Well worth it!! Grab it if you didn't during the summer sales.

It's only $3.99 at GamersGate. :)

Dragon Age 2 is $5 today only on Gamefly. Worth it?

Have you already played through DA:O and the expansion? If not, I wouldn't bother with DA2. It's vastly inferior to the first game in almost every way possible.

I apologize if my "tone" came as sarcastic or confrontational. "What we've got here, is, a failure to communicate." I thought my post and meaning was clear. I took exception to azarhals and your "fyi" posts. I was trying to explain my position and maybe just didnt do a very good job. My apologies to all who were offended.

Can I sue you for emotional damages ? I hear that you can get a lot of money from these cases in the US...

I'm still busy with my Total War series I got off of steam. When I finish them it will be time to start work, so I doubt I'll have time to buy any more games for a while...

Dragon Age 2 is $5 today only on Gamefly. Worth it?

Definitely. I think it has some flaws certainly, but it had a lot of potential to be a great game. They were hurt by a very short production time.

The main problems with the game are recycled area maps and underdeveloped environments as well as a lack of interesting side quests and NPC factions. Most of the quests are very poorly executed fedex quests that shouldn't even be called quests because you simply find some random object in a dungeon and later in the game some random NPC suddenly gives you money and you have no idea why. They are so pointless it would have been better to have no quest at all.

On the positive side, most combat encounters on Nightmare setting are much more challenging and more tactical than DA:O, particularly if you constantly pause and micromanage your followers. The enemy A.I. is a bit more sophisticated, as enemies can steal your potions, go into stealth mode and backstab you, etc.

I liked the concept of focusing on the story of a normal person, a refugee with family issues, rather than someone destined to save the world from the Blight, and there were a lot of great moments in the story. Some of the companion characters were also very interesting, with excellent voice acting perfomances, particularly Eve Myles from Torchwood who played Merril, Brian Bloom (Varric), Jo Wyatt (Hawke), Gideon Emery (Fenris) and Victoria Kruger (Isabella).

However, the ending left a lot to be desired. I don't want to spoil it, but I'd say the choice of which faction to join and the faction questlines are not very well implemented.

Can I sue you for emotional damages ? I hear that you can get a lot of money from these cases in the US…

Sue away. What's one more frivilous lawsuit in a court system that is overflowing with them.

There is a hard copy of Warlock:Master of the Arcane on ebay for less than the digital copy. Anyone have that game? I see all the DLC on Gamersgate for sale. Just wondering if the gameplay was worth it. Certainly looks interesting.

Last edited:
Disciples II: Gold Edition is currently all of $2 on GMG, but I was wondering if, for games with no Steam support, I am required to install their 'Capsule' client?

Edit: nvm…
  • Minimum Requirements
  • Windows XP
  • Pentium II 233 Mhz
  • 32 Mb RAM
  • 2400 MB hard disk space
  • DirectX 7.1
  • 16-bit sound card
  • Video Card with 8 MB RAM. This game may not be supported by certain Video Cards. Please check with your Video Card manufacturer for further information.
  • Capsule Client : This title requires Capsule to play.

Humbug.

Disciples II: Gold Edition is currently all of $2 on GMG, but I was wondering if, for games with no Steam support, I am required to install their 'Capsule' client?

Edit: nvm…

Humbug.

Yes it is needed to install games but does not have to be running to play. I wish everyone had a Gamersgate system but if it does not have to be running all the time that is not so bad, its more like opening the defragger periodically.

Back
Top Bottom