Risen Helpful tips and info

It is, but you'll have to spend practically every point you get doing it. Also, it is certainly possible to have both maxed out Frost and Fire. The use would obviously be to freeze everything first, and then use fire once you're in a good position. However, it does mean that you have to spend 180 points on those two alone, which means you'll have to cripple your mana a bit.

I have completed it once with Frost as my main spell (Inquisitor) and once with Fire (Mage), but I've never tried having both.

I'm wondering if I'm too weak for the point I'm at? I'm about level 17 and have opted for mage but did invest some points in sword for example (4 dots) and a smattering of other skills. My fireball is only 5 dots. I also (wasted?) points getting to 3rd seal, but since I have money to just buy the scrolls I need I don't see the point of that now. I just feel that I am too weak, especially when forced into close combat situations - which does happen especially in the volcano. I can only survive if I pick off enemies from a distance and fireball is so bloody slow. How many levels are left? I'm enjoying the game but I feel that they are expecting you to fit into pure mage or fighter archetypes and screwing you over if you do not. I never felt that with Goth 2 or 3 - where I comfortably blended good fighter with good magic skills.

You'll get about 10 more levels. I strongly advice you to either build one or the other, the whole hybrid thing will only work once you're something of a master at one. So basically - either build your sword or axe skill to the point where you can use 2H weapons with 1H (that means rank 7 or 8 for swords, and rank 6 for axes), or max out your fireball.

If you're going to be a mage, rank 10 fireball is a must have to be honest. Most opponents are way too tough to handle with lower ranks; you'll be firing too slowly and won't do enough damage per hit.

Edit: Only put points into swords or axes if you already have the strength to wield high end weapons. Otherwise it's a waste, as you wouldn't be a strong melee fighter before level 25+ in any case.

2. To folks with some issues with combat. Remember this is a PC game, you have the flexibility of binding macros to keys and buttons. Not that it is necessary but I find that binding "dodge left/right" to the "left/right scroll" of my mouse. It helps.
(Also, as posted in the impression thread, you can edit your keybindings, even those that were locked by the game.)

i'd also like to bind "dodge left/right" to the left/right mouse scroll buttons. could you please show how this can be done?

Back
Top Bottom