Borderlands 2 - Officially Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Well, one day after the rumours, Borderlands 2 has been officially announced:
2K Games and Gearbox Software Announce BorderlandsTM 2 in Development
Fans can get their first glimpse of the bold evolution of the Role-Playing Shooter at Gamescom and PAX Prime 2011 this month
Windsor, UK – August 3, 2011 2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that the sequel to the extravasplosive breakout hit, Borderlands™, is currently in development at world-renowned developer Gearbox Software. Coming to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC during Take-Two’s fiscal year 2013 beginning on April 1, 2012, Borderlands 2 is the epic sequel to the ultimate four-player Role-Playing Shooter loot fest. Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features all new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together in an ambitiously crafted story. Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.

2K Games and Gearbox Software are taking this show on the road, and fans and media will be able to get their first look at the game at Gamescom 2011 from August 17 – August 21, and at PAX Prime (Booth #3417) from August 26 – August 28.
More information.

Finally some good news but hopefully they add a better story to the second game.

Finally some good news but hopefully they add a better story to the second game.

They could add a lot more than that imo. I'd like to see a much greater variety in the sidequests, more in-depth NPC interaction, and more variety to the landscapes as well.

I'm also hoping they do away with the cel-shaded graphics, but I don't think that's likely to happen.

They could add a lot more than that imo. I'd like to see a much greater variety in the sidequests, more in-depth NPC interaction, and more variety to the landscapes as well.

I'm also hoping they do away with the cel-shaded graphics, but I don't think that's likely to happen.

Yeah I was going to say get rid of the cel-shading myself as I preferred it without when the game was previewed. From the screenshots there still going to use it.

Back
Top Bottom