KoA: Reckoning - Demo 17th, Mass Effect 3 Cross-Promo

and looks like people are having fun with it.

where are you finding comments? Just a handful on the xbox forum I just checked but nothing informative about the game.

Have no clue about the comments, but a homepage being shutdown due to high traffic is always a good sign.

No EU Xbox demo
Well that stinks-nothing like pissing off your customers early on.
I am checking the Origin site but nothing yet for us PC'ers

Scratch that... It's available through the net to Gold members. Guess I'm no longer that.

Here are some comments on the XBOX 360 demo.

Thanks- Lots of good stuff in there. It seems when you get to a certain point, the 45 min timer starts. Timer stops in menus and you can replay with a new toon as many times as you want. Also, I read someone said that it is showing in Steam in their list of games?

Yeah, that sounds weird. KOA doesn't show up in my Steam list.

I hope it does though! I don't want to install another content delivery software on my system, especially one so questionable.

No sign of a PC demo yet - well, not that I could see. As for the comments …

Mostly the same people heaping lavish praise (and being defensive when anything is criticized). This comment caught my eye:

"I have been waiting for a game that can deliver a "casual", "enjoyable" and quality fantasy+rpg setting to the HUGE crowd without bringing with it a lot of frustration - and after believeing that Dragon Age 2 was supposed to do the same, only it failed and it was a wrong project to mess with - this is it! This game will be able to entertain millions out there. Some of those will look for deeper/similar experiences, and that will help the genre to stay alive."

Yeah. That's what I want. A "casual", accessible RPG "for the masses" - that's why I play RPG's… (subtext: the average gamer is too dumb to handle anything with even marginal complexity. Really? No one I know, young or old gamers, buys into that! ) *sigh* If people want casual games, they should stick to Facebook or Angry Birds. Hopefully this game is NOT a 'casual' game. I can't be bothered to invest any energy playing such.

Hopefully this game is NOT a 'casual' game. I can't be bothered to invest any energy playing such.
That's OK. Casual games don't require energy investment, they give you energy ;)

(paraphrasing Chris Taylor)

@booboo Yeeaaa, I tend to not read anything into what people say unless it's someone I know from here. People see what they want to see and unless I know what that person likes/dislikes then I disregard any "comments" from sites other than this one.

Skyrim has had HUGE success as well and I would not consider that casual at all.

Why wouldn't they release the demo on all platforms simultaneously? And you can only get the xbox demo if you pay for gold subscription? I couldn't play till 5-6 tonight anyway but seems to me demos should be free and releasing them simultaneously would keep everyone happy.

Why wouldn't they release the demo on all platforms simultaneously? And you can only get the xbox demo if you pay for gold subscription? I couldn't play till 5-6 tonight anyway but seems to me demos should be free and releasing them simultaneously would keep everyone happy.

Well not those who pay extra for early access (gold/elite/psn+ or whatever). It's not like the demo is going to be any less valid over time.

It might have something to do with their homepage going down.

Funny, I just went there and it said "We'll be back. We're temporarily down for maintenance."

Haven't a clue as to how you got through. Maybe a cahed webpage.

Up on Origin now
After I went home to download it at lunch:brood:

Well, you guys will tell me about it

Back
Top Bottom