Any fun FPS games that you've played

Oh, Serious Sam is funny. So go for it!
I would agree - firt and second encounter are wonderful, and while Serious Sam 2 is fun, it lost something from the originals.

Since they haven't been mentioned;
No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 are real gems.

True classics and they still play wonderfully! Just replayed both over the winter!

I don't recommend Jedi Academy, because it's hard to get - well, but maybe in your own country better than here, I must admit.

Great games already mentioned, Clive Barker's Undying and AvP 2 were excellent. My other favorites of the genre are Far Cry, Half Life 2 and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (for a sword and sorcery fps).

Or, if you have a thing for abandoned ware, and you can find it, Terminator: Future Shock was a truly, truly great game. One of the best shooters in history in my opinion. If only they'd remake it. *sigh*

One game that hasn't been mentioned, but which is one of my favourites: "American McGee's Alice." Action in Wonderland!

I'd recommend Unreal Tournament 3 if mindless shooting is what you need.

There are actually very few FPS games I *don't* like ... things like Kreed and WWII Combat games. I like Ubersoldier and You Are Empty and Postal and so on.

I really love the Jedi Knight games perhaps best of all, and also Soldier of Fortune II, and many many more. GoG has Painkiller Black on sale now, which is great mindless action.

You really like You Are Empty? I read horrible reviews about that game. That's why I stayed away from it even though it looked and sounded like a fun game. Granted I only read a few reviews for it from the big sites like Gamespot and IGN. Is it really better than what they said?

You really like You Are Empty? I read horrible reviews about that game. That's why I stayed away from it even though it looked and sounded like a fun game. Granted I only read a few reviews for it from the big sites like Gamespot and IGN. Is it really better than what they said?

You Are Empty would be worth ~$5 buy ... it really deserved the scores (here is my 2.5 star GamerDad review) Yet I have fiddled with it again and had some fun. Like I said, I'm a 'cheap date' for FPS :D

Realms of the haunting-wow- I still have the whole game in the box in the game closet-it was the second pc game to suck me in after wing commander.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned the Halo series? There is another somewhat similar game called Breed. Fps and squad control with vehicles and even space ships. Was a bit buggy though.
I thought Unreal2 was good even though it was short and there were a few people still playing the xmp addon for multiplayer. Unreal1 was the first game that made me upgrade my pc.

I thought 'Painkiller' and its expansion were extremely well done. Mindless blasting, kind of like Doom. I agree with 'Serious Sam' recommendations; I enjoyed those as well. 'The Suffering' is one that doesn't get enough credit, IMO. Just a few suggestions.

Thanks Mike and Sammy. I think I'll stay away from You Are Empty unless I happen to see it in some bargin bin.

And Sammy that you tube was great. Tons of weapons. Was that a canon he was holding?

The Suffering was an excellent game, I still have it. Scary, demented and fun. Almost too much to handle for me, if a game gets too demented like Silent Hill I just can't play it, but this one was just about perfect.

I dont remember the exact weapons, I havent played it in years, but yeah you get the traditional fare of big guns, little guns, REAL big guns, etx

It's just stuff coming at you in force, the numbers are ridiculous, at times I was just like "no freakin wayyyyy!.." but somehow I was able to pull it off, and it's pretty gratifying. It's a great stress reliever.

Havent played part two, but the word on the street is that it isnt as good.

If you're going to play Serious Sam, make sure to start with Serious Sam Episode 1, and SS Ep 2. Those were the better games imho.

Alright I bit the bullet and got Serious Sam and Duke Nukem Atomic Edition. Not sure what that means, but it seemed like the one to get. It might take awhile to get here since I first send them to family in the states and then they ship it to me, but it'll get here eventually.

In the meantime I've tried out one of my old FPS (sorta) that I haven't played at all, STALKER Clear Sky. It's not that bad, hard as hell, but still not that bad.

Thanks guys for the help, especially with the older games I may have overlooked. I'm a little surprised by how much they were though. Serious Sam wasn't too bad, only 10 bucks used. New it still cost 20 bucks and Duke Nukem The atomic version cost 20 bucks. Considering how old that game is, it's a little pricey. Still not THAT bad, just thought it would of been available for 10 bucks by now.

...and Duke Nukem The atomic version cost 20 bucks. Considering how old that game is, it's a little pricey. Still not THAT bad, just thought it would of been available for 10 bucks by now.

Dude. You got ripped off. Duke Nukem Atomic is only $5.99 from GOG.

Damn I forgot all about GoG after I saw they didn't have Serious Sam there. I just bought both through Amazon. Oh well, next time I'll just wait for GoG to have it. Seems like their collection is growing by leaps and bounds.

I've been ripped off for more *cough* Mistmare *cough* So no biggie. At least I know this time it'll be a decent game.

Duke Nukem Atomic Ed. is exactly what you want. It has an additional episode with 6 or so levels.

All you have to do is install Duke Atomic, don't even start it, then install the unofficial high res pack over it. A windows short cut will be created.
Duke is a long game. I suggest you use the full walkthrough on the official site, to make sure you don't miss secrets.

Thanks Gorath, will definatly check that out.

Ahhh, the Atomic Edition came with a t-shirt back then. Still in use as a nightie :).

Back
Top Bottom