Afterfall - gry.o2.pl Interview @ Official Site

magerette

Hedgewitch
Polish games site gry.o2.pl has conducted an interview with Andrzej Koloska, the Project Manager for Intoxicate Interactive's post-apocalyptic rpg, Afterfall and it appears in English translation at the official site:

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): How would you briefly describe Afterfall: Prelude and Afterfall to those, who are yet unfamiliar with your projects?

Koloska (Intoxicate Interactive): Unlike Afterfall, AF: Prelude is going to be a short cRPG, for a few hours of play. The idea for its creation came up when we were considering the question of a demo. The Prelude will be out before the unveiling of Afterfall, instead of a demo, and will introduce the players to the world we have created, as well as reveal some aspects of the game. The Prelude’s plot, the story of two looters exploring some ruins untouched since the atomic war, is going to be connected with the events of the proper game.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): The plot of Afterfall is about…

Koloska (Intoxicate Interactive): …the fate of a human who is suddenly stranded in an extremely hostile world. He can depend solely upon himself, and the world around him for some reason will not stop harassing him. The plot of Afterfall tells also of humanity and of being stripped of it, of survival, of mutilation, and of the strive for perfection. It is about ambition which requires the sacrifice of many lives to fulfill. It is about people and societies put in extremely hard conditions, about how those conditions changed them, and continue to change and re-shape their children.

Thanks, Brother None.

More information.

Last edited:
:whistles:

Look at all the things they want to accomplish

That's just shouting "overly ambitious!" They need to tone it down to more realistic proportions, if you ask me. A first project that's also an indie project shouldn't immediately shoot for the stars, that's kinda insane.

Didnt you see what The Witcher did? If u ask me thats shooting in the sky! They are saying great things about game because they are ambitious.. and one more thing they have to get good investor so they will make it happen... Right now I love this game
I am even thinking of some kind of petition like to Ubisoft or somewhere.. that would be great.. OMG OMG!

Here's what one of the Witcher's developer's said on the Codes about Afterfall:

I wish them all the best, but honestly, this project seems way too ambitious given their team size/experience/fact that they dont have publisher/major sources of financing. Games of that scope are no longer made in garages.

I have to agree a lot would depend on their getting backing. I like the sound of what they want to do, though, and I'm not particularly drawn to the PA setting. If you don't have these deeper layers of substance at the core you get a pretty game with nothing new. This game might succeed at a far more serious level than some triple AAA play-it-safe fantasy title.
But it does take the cash, the discipline and the faith from a lot of different sources to pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom