Witcher 3 - Gone Gold & New Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
CD Projekt RED sent information Witcher 3 is ready for release on May, 19th.

CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, announce The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt going GOLD

“We worked so damn hard over the past three years to bring you this game,” said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED. “From the corrupt nobles in Novigrad to ancient monsters lurking in deep forests, to the bustling cities, colorful ports and breathtaking vistas; all the people, all the places - we literally spent tens of thousands of hours to turn all that into an adventure that will kick your ass and make you want to come for more,” adds Badowski. “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has gone GOLD and will soon be yours!” he concludes.

Garnering over 200 prestigious awards before launch, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is CD PROJEKT RED’s most ambitious endeavour up to date. Set within a truly open world, the game puts you in the role of a wandering bounty hunter and monster slayer, Geralt of Rivia. In The Witcher, you take on the greatest contract of your life - tracking down the Child of Prophecy, a living weapon that can alter the shape of the world.

Watch the Official Gameplay Video: LINK
Watch “The Trail” Opening Cinematic: LINK
Watch the Wild Hunt Recap Video: LINK

The game is scheduled to launch May 19th, 2015, on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC, and PlayStation®4. Visit www.thewitcher.com and buy.thewitcher.com for more information about the game and pre-order availability worldwide.
Also CD Projekt RED's Damien Monnier did a new video interview on Escapist.

Damien Monnier stops by to give us the inside scoop on Witcher 3 game design, complete with a fascinating conversation on animal AI. We also get an extended look at Mortal Kombat X and discuss what makes a good side quest
More information.

Mine is on steam and I hope they let me pre load as well. Can't wait to play the game.

I don't know why they are releasing the game in the middle of the week. I think I have to take day or two off work now :( I also need to get the wife out of the house as well to get some peace and quite. Last time I did that to play a game (Skyrim of all games ffs), she ran up huge credit card bill :lol:

Mine is on steam and I hope they let me pre load as well. Can't wait to play the game.

I don't know why they are releasing the game in the middle of the week. I think I have to take day or two off work now :( I also need to get the wife out of the house as well to get some peace and quite. Last time I did that to play a game (Skyrim of all games ffs), she ran up huge credit card bill :lol:

I've already got my time off planned for that period. I'll be taking at least 5 days off work the week right after the release. I figured I didn't want to risk taking time off start right from day 1, in case there's some issues (I don't know what, since it doesn't have any drm, and if pre-load will be available), but you never know.

All going gold means to me is that the digital version should be out today, damn archaic disc's.

Am I too pathetic asking if season pass gone gold too or it'll be in a few days?

Yes you are joxer :lol:

But GOG didn't have a game of this side before.
Preload, where a few parts of data are missing in forms of files or a password needed to decrypt the package, is expected.

Gone Gold's weren't a month before release even when it was disk-based; at least recently. Generally a couple weeks. Am I remembering wrong?

Long before most of the kiddies were here, there was actually a website called Gone Gold that was big on all the release date stuff. They were the olden days Blues News.

Gone Gold's weren't a month before release even when it was disk-based; at least recently. Generally a couple weeks. Am I remembering wrong?

Long before most of the kiddies were here, there was actually a website called Gone Gold that was big on all the release date stuff. They were the olden days Blues News.

It was normally 2 - 4 weeks so this isn't far off.

Any video showing the pc interface; also for danutz_plusplus; gog does not do preload since it is drm free.

Apparently they do pre-load. And I will take advantage of that. I don't want to be left waiting for the bad bandwidth that they'll probably have on release day. And compared to Steam, GOG does seem to have a lot weaker bandwidth capacity. So all the more reason to want to be set for when release day comes.

Ok I stand corrected; any video showing the pc interface ?

Apparently they do pre-load. And I will take advantage of that. I don't want to be left waiting for the bad bandwidth that they'll probably have on release day. And compared to Steam, GOG does seem to have a lot weaker bandwidth capacity. So all the more reason to want to be set for when release day comes.

Broke down and bought a new computer. Got a copy on GOG with the machine. :)

I thought I remembered preloading The Witcher 2 on GOG. Nothing official listed on the copy of TW3 in my library. Just says available for download May 19.

Oh crap. I'm really tempted (finishing The Witcher 2 right now). I still wonder how my 5-year-old PC (high-end back then) will perform with the game at 1360x768 resolution…

Say, games aren't bottlenecked by CPU these days, are they? So a simple graphics card upgrade might do the trick. :D

Oh crap. I'm really tempted (finishing The Witcher 2 right now). I still wonder how my 5-year-old PC (high-end back then) will perform with the game at 1360x768 resolution…

Say, games aren't bottlenecked by CPU these days, are they? So a simple graphics card upgrade might do the trick. :D

It depends upon the game. It's been a problem for me in the past. One example that leaps to mind was a combat flight simulator that was CPU heavy, but it calculates trajectories for every bullet and piece of flying debris. I think there have been some strategy games, too. But TW3? I doubt it will be too CPU heavy. GPU is your most-likely culprit there.

It depends upon the game. It's been a problem for me in the past. One example that leaps to mind was a combat flight simulator that was CPU heavy, but it calculates trajectories for every bullet and piece of flying debris. I think there have been some strategy games, too. But TW3? I doubt it will be too CPU heavy. GPU is your most-likely culprit there.

To be honest, I have yet to see a recently released game that wasn't an unoptimized mess performs horribly at max settings at the resolution my TV uses (36" LCD TV). Only Skyrim fully loaded with mods did that, but that was basically because my video card memory ran out.

So I have hope. :D

Just go for quadcore intel or hexacore AMD CPU to avoid not meeting min. requirements. If you have it already, you don't need a new one.

Back
Top Bottom