DA:O Urn of Sacred Ashes *spoilers*

Dragon Age: Origins

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Did anyone choose to side with the cultists and dump the dragon blood into the ashes?

Just curious what happens if you go that route......

Wynne screams at you that she never expected you would go that far, and attacks you. So does that spirit guardian. I was with Wynne, Shale and Morrigan. Shale and Morrigan didn't mind, and helped me take down Wynne and the guardian.
Then Kolgrim gives you the reaver specialty. :biggrin:

Actually I played through the scenario first, not putting the blood in ashes, then I fought Kolgrim, left the area and saved.

I really wanted the Reaver specialty, so I replayed the whole thing to get the Reaver specialty unlocked, and once unlocked, reloaded my save where I still had sweet, unsuspecting Wynne with me, but if the specialty is unlocked, it's unlocked
- so I could have my cake and eat it…. :evilgrin:

I suppose people are going to say I broke the game for myself. Well, I don't care because I wanted the reaver thing and I wanted Wynne.

End of story, I'm happy. :rolleyes:

Yeah I heard about that exploit….

I just hope that siding with the cultists isn't the only way to unlock the Reaver class.

Yeah I heard about that exploit….

I just hope that siding with the cultists isn't the only way to unlock the Reaver class.

Actually I believe it is. There aren't any books or other trainers available for the reaver class, AFAIK.

Xaranthir is correct. However, once unlocked, it will unlock for all future playthroughs as well. I completed it once while siding with the cultists, but I don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon.

A small tip:
To avoid any party members leaving, clear up to the final room, then go back to camp. Replace all "good" members (Leliana, Wynne, possibly Alistair) with "evil" members (Sten, Morrigan, etc). Then go pour blood in the urn. When you go back to camp, you'll have to pass certain persuade checks, but it shouldn't be much of a problem if you have invested a few points in persuade.

I checked out what you get with berserker, and I prefer the reaver abilities.

In any case, what is the difference between what I did, and doing what Maylander suggested? Having to fight both fights
(in both scenarios you have some bosses to fight)
was enough to appease my conscience, at any rate.

Well..

The difference is that I completed the game as an ally of the crazy cultists. Also, the dragon has a ton of loot - the guardian has none. That's one of the reasons why I will probably not choose that path more often than I have to.

Back
Top Bottom