Silverfall - Review @ Worthplaying

Dhruin

SasqWatch
One of the most positive reviews we've seen for Silverfall is up at Worthplaying with a score of 8.5/10:
Arguably the single most inventive and unique feature of Silverfall is the faction system that allows you to choose between the "old ways" of nature and the "industrial revolution" of technology. The entire game is peppered with quests that push your allegiance in one direction or another, instantly creating a massive amount of room for replay value (and that's not counting the full LAN and Internet multiplayer out of the box, either). Moreover, there are entire categories of weapons, armor, and other equipment that are locked to either nature or technology. For example, I decided to work my troll toward tech, and after installing a massive grunting gas-extractor in a swamp, I got enough technology allegiance that I could start using steam-hammers, chainsaw-swords, and "Mad Max"-chic headgear. From there, I've developed the ability to spray blasts of steam at my enemies, build up little clockwork fighters to battle at my side, and I can overdrive my neural system for a huge boost in attack power and speed.
More information.

I'm liking this game. I've put it away for now as we are wrapping up the semester.

Back
Top Bottom