Riddick Redux going next-gen

Role-Player

Sentinel
ComputerAndVideogames reports that a new Riddick game is coming but it's just an extension of the first game:

Riddick redux is go!
Dark Athena shivs up 360 and PS3

A next gen redux of the splendid Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is underway with developers Starbreeze finally confirming Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena which is due to debut on Xbox 360 and PS3 before the end of this year.

Dark Athena will be more than a simple port of the original game though, which went great guns in its original Xbox incarnation and really put Starbreeze on the development map. Dark Athena will apparently boast an additional 40 per cent single-player content set on board the scavenger ship Dark Athena. What that means we can only guess, but it certainly sounds intriguing and it looks like some kind of assault will be in order.

However, word is one of the main attractions of Dark Athena will be a superb multiplayer mode, with visceral hand-to-hand combat and shiny shiv action featuring heavily if it follows the course of the original game.

More details to follow soon, but what would you want from a next-gen Riddick.

Personally, I'd want a new Riddick game but I'm crazy like that.

While it certainly suffered some from its console roots, I found Butcher Bay to be an enjoyable experience on the PC and I've intended to replay it for some time. If additional content is being added to the original, I sure would like to see it come to the PC as well.

Absolutely. I remember when I first finished it (I was late to the party and got it off the bargain bin on recommendation), I went straight to the developer's website looking for word of a sequel. While the much of it was as linear as linear can get, it told a good story and was full of entertaining gameplay. A proper sequel would, of course, be much better than a re-hashing.

That is a shame ... the original was surprisingly good, and in a surprising turn was looked over because the movie was crap.

I enjoyed the game,(didn't think the movie was that bad either) and iirc I only paid around 25$ for it when it came out for pc. It's one of the shortest fps games I've ever played but it was fun while it lasted.

Back
Top Bottom