Gothic 3 HELP - I think ive broken the main quest (divine artifacts)

Phatphal

Watcher
I can't complete the divine artifacts quest. I have the robe, crown, amulet and mana ring +50. I believe I sold the Gothica +50 Life ring. I don't know wear I sold it. I can't finish the quest. So i used marvin and gave myself a ring, didn't fix the problem. What happens when you get all 5 artifacts? Do you just talk to satura, king or xardas? I spoke to them all and it didn't help me

I didn't fight with Gorn in taking over Gothica, Gorn was missing when I went there so I just did it without him. I think this might have impacted on something but im not sure

I doubt immensely that you have sold the ring; the game doesn't allow you to sell quest items. Are you sure you collected it from the Demon's body?

im not 100% sure i collected it from the body, but im fairly certain

i unequipped the mana and life rings, and i can sell them.

is there any console command to spawn the demon of gothica? I think that might help

Immaterial, you CAN'T sell quest items!! If you don't have, you didn't collect it!!

and if i didn't collect it then the demon should still be there right?

gothica is populated with a ton of rebels

If you sold something, it was NOT a vital plot/quest item. Yes, it should still be there, but don't count on it. Quest items don't show up in your sell inventory, even when you don't need them anymore!!

i could fraps me doing it to prove you wrong, but lets just agree to disagree on that point.

I really need help here, how do i go about the quest now that there is no way to get the ring without cheats. I did get the item through cheating to see if it would work and so far the king has no new text.

I was able to sell everything but the robes. I have the latest update on the game.

It wouldn't matter if you fought with Gorn or not, its if you defeat the Demon.
I always try to sell to the same merchants, to prevent this kind of thing and I too thought you couldn't sell quest items.
I know you can't sell most of the SIdequest items, odd you can with Mainquest items.
Something else is wrong if you were just missing the ring and spawned it or summon, it would solve your problem, so afaik it can't be the ring missing.

the only main quest is to complete the 5 divine artifacts, as far as im aware there are no other pre quests or things to complete

any help with that part would be appreciated

There are console commands to spawn everything. Doesn´t mean we know them though.

i've done a fair bit of searching, only one other person has had the same problem as me and they fixed it by giving themself the ring

can you explain the main quest part when you've retrieved the 5 divine artifacts? what do you do straight after you get them

Ok I only have the Ring from Gotha and oddly enough it does show up in the Sell window unlike any quest item I have seen after playing for at least 20 hours, probably more only half conscious. ;)
Are you sure you have all 5 atm?
You said you spawned the missing Ring correct?
What does your journal say?

Try putting them all in a chest and then recovering them.
See if you orgianllly Did get the Ring it would have updated your journal right then.
So its possible it knows the other ring is out there.
Did you Only spawn the ring and nothing else?
Or did you spawn all 5 pieces?

Found them.
It_Artefact_Amulet
It_Artefact_Ring_01
It_Artefact_Ring_02
It_Artefact_Crown
It_Artefact_Robe

Last edited:
I only spawned the ring

I couldn't find the coding for the other parts

I tried both of your suggestions, they didn't work out.

I looked in my successful quest log and I saw the ring of life in there as completed successfully.

Well did you ever wear the ring if not, where were you selling at that point in the game?
Doyou normally sell imdeatly or wait, did you go to the castle after Gotha possibly sell it there?
Heh, to bad you can't goto an object. ;)

Back
Top Bottom