Risen 3: Titan Lords - News Roundup

Yeah, the voice acting is definitely a mixed bag so far. I can't say that it really bothers me though as the voice acting has never been very good in any of their games.

It's the first game of theirs where I've cringed so much in the first hour, that's for sure. I agree the voice acting hasn't been great before - but at least in the Gothics and the first Risen it was kinda low-key and plausible.

So far, Risen 3 dialogue sounds like a particularly bad B movie.

The only character that's made me really cringe so far is Bones. I expect this to be a fairly long game with a lot of characters though, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume\hope it gets better.

@JDR: as an aside, have you sorted out your graphics issues? I have been reading about guys having serious micro-stuttering (Nvidia cards mentioned…and I have one !$@!!)

PS: Game only unlocks on Friday for me, but if its chugging etc I'd prefer to wait until there some patch/driver update to fix that…

@JDR: as an aside, have you sorted out your graphics issues? I have been reading about guys having serious micro-stuttering (Nvidia cards mentioned…and I have one !$@!!)

I've seen the micro-stuttering thing mentioned on the Steam forum, but I haven't experienced that, and I have an Nvidia card. The game runs great for me.

My issue was with the video intro and the video loop that plays in the background on the main menu screen. Not sure why, but those WMV files wouldn't play properly for me so I had to disable them.

I have been reading about guys having serious micro-stuttering (Nvidia cards mentioned…and I have one !$@!!)

I'm using an NVIDIA GTX 670 with the latest drivers and have not had any stuttering or any video issues at all so far (played about 5 hours).

I'm playing with a 660 ti and an older quad core cpu and have no problems at all.
(at resolution: 1920x1080) It is more optimized than Risen 2.

Rule of thumb: If you could play Risen 2 then you are able to play Risen 3 with this computer.

German voice acting is good so far.
Level design is nice.
Combat is a bit like Witcher 1.

That's really weird. I don't know what to do...

Some really trash the game (4Players, Jim Sterling), while others give it fairly good ratings. I can't recall so opposing ratings in recent times. Now what... :/

Level design is nice.
Combat is a bit like Witcher 1.

Love Taranis thus far, tons of climbing and secret nooks. Didn't feel like gothic at first, but as HiddenX mentioned, the combat is Witcheresque, as is the costume design. Particularly Patty's costume. It looks like a Witcher 2 homage.

The reviews seem all over the board, but I am going to just ignore them. I am enjoying it. I haven't run into any major bugs, and the gameplay is fun to me. The quests do seem a little generic so far - kill the monster that is standing right in front of you that you would have had to deal with anyway.

I haven't run into any major bugs, and the gameplay is fun to me.

I just ran into my first significant bug a short while ago.

It seems that lootable bodies will sometimes disappear from the game world before you loot them. I'm not talking about defeated enemies, I'm talking about NPC corpses that were placed for story/quest reasons.

I think there's a time limit for how long a body will stay in the game world after you come within a certain proximity of it. Obviously, a body that hasn't yet been looted shouldn't be removed but it's happening for some reason.

Bottom line - Loot bodies as soon as you find them.

Back
Top Bottom