Dragon Age: Inquisition - Rumor of DRM breaking SDD drives

...Pirated version of Sims 4 can upload stuff in the gallery and now it's under siege with vulgar stuff like naked pregnant children. Yes someone on EA side is deleting them, but more deleted, double new ones appear.

Hmmm, didn't know that, maybe that game has a positive after all.

All the parts give money to same people. And those people can ruin any part at any time.

I am sorry but it is not sound. If you support any part of something you hate, in effect you support the whole thing. Unless you are ignorant. That would be understandable.

It's quite sound even though you don't understand…

A business sells multiple products. Business phases out products that consumers don't support over time even if consumers continue to buy other ones of the business's products. Happens all the time with numerous business..

As to "If you support any part of something you hate, in effect you support the whole thing.", that just doesn't work in the real world that is inhabited by complex political systems, businesses, entities, etc.

Must society ban all individuals who have any bad qualities, and allow only the perfect individuals to exist?

Do you live in a political society that does everything perfectly to your liking and support; or do you live by yourself on an island or cave, making and carrying out only right and perfect actions every minute of every day?

A family has some members you love and some you hate. Must you shun those you love because of your hatred or dislike for other family members?

Maybe you've never heard about taking the bad with the good and vice versa. Maybe you live in a binary society of good only and bad only humans.

Et cetera…

If confirmed, that is a business opportunity to sell bundles of games+ SSD drives.

It's quite sound even though you don't understand…

A business sells multiple products. Business phases out products that consumers don't support over time even if consumers continue to buy other ones of the business's products. Happens all the time with numerous business..

As to "If you support any part of something you hate, in effect you support the whole thing.", that just doesn't work in the real world that is inhabited by complex political systems, businesses, entities, etc.

Must society ban all individuals who have any bad qualities, and allow only the perfect individuals to exist?

Do you live in a political society that does everything perfectly to your liking and support; or do you live by yourself on an island or cave, making and carrying out only right and perfect actions every minute of every day?

A family has some members you love and some you hate. Must you shun those you love because of your hatred or dislike for other family members?

Maybe you've never heard about taking the bad with the good and vice versa. Maybe you live in a binary society of good only and bad only humans.

Et cetera…
Your comparisons are bad. Joxer shits on EA as a whole, not on different divisions. And then turns around and buys their games telling them it is OK to continue as they have.

And people complain how games suck today, it is not strange when even people shitting on those behind shitty games buy their products.

Actually there's really no reason to make any of this personal; to Joxer, you, or me. Not my intention. I respect Joxer's opinions -- and really don't have a problem with liking and supporting some EA games while also strongly disliking some EA parts and policies. I also respect your opinions; agree with many of them; and support your right to express your opinions. Diverse views are beneficial to us all IMO.

Now about the topic at hand; many of the responses by EA/Bioware and by Denuvo seem evasive to me. Who cares whether it's anti-tamper or DRM tech if the complaint is that the tech hurts the game and possibly SSDs or hard drives? Who cares whether the Denuvo add on causes multiple and excessive SSD or hard drive writes of "data" or simply the modified/obfuscated exe file, if the result is the same? Me thinks they're not exactly completely forthcoming about what's happening here.

Protecting the DRM capabilities clearly isn't an easy task; but if it causes substantial harm to that which it is supposed to protect (the game), I think there's a problem.

Just my 2 pennies.

I don't actually think they're being evasive in this case. At least not as far as the disk thrashing is concerned - they've been categorical in their denial, and I believe them, because the rumor and evidence don't stack up. I'll try to post some disk data to prove it when I get my hands on a copy.

As to whether Denuvo harms the game experience, in one sense it unarguably does. As I understand it, it is actually written into the game functions, such that the game becomes less efficient by running code that is not necessary to the game itself. Something in the order of 1-5 percent performance is estimated to be lost by including Denuvo. Whether or not this is justified to prevent piracy is another discussion, but the detrimental effect to honest customers is certainly there.

Last edited:
Pizza is like sex. Even if it's bad, it's still pretty good. Perhaps it's the same with RPGs. ;)
Damn you, Morrandir stop trying to tempt us with your perfect crust, succulent toppings, spicy sauce and gooey cheese! :mwahaha:

I don't actually think they're being evasive in this case. At least not as far as the disk thrashing is concerned - they've been categorical in their denial, and I believe them, because the rumor and evidence don't stack up. I'll try to post some disk data to prove it when I get my hands on a copy.

As to whether Denuvo harms the game experience, in one sense it unarguably does. As I understand it, it is actually written into the game functions, such that the game becomes less efficient by running code that is not necessary to the game itself. Something in the order of 1-5 percent performance is estimated to be lost by including Denuvo. Whether or not this is justified to prevent piracy is another discussion, but the detrimental effect to honest customers is certainly there.

I would expect the Denuvo guys being as categorical in denial even if the rumours were true, like I said it's the same old securom guys lol.
But in this case I would believe it's FUD simply because some russian groups have an interest to spread FUD seeing as the protection is at the moment not crackable and might not be for a few more month.
Although I'm more counting on the chinese in that regard lol.

None the less the copy protection harms honest customers.
(Besides the performance hit you can never be sure if some bugs are due to bad programming or the copy protection messing up)
And I would bet it has at best a neglectable effect on sales that the game can't be pirated atm.

Damn you, Morrandir stop trying to tempt us with your perfect crust, succulent toppings, spicy sauce and gooey cheese! :mwahaha:
*seductively shakes his fresh tomatoes slices*

Glad you didn't mention my salami. ;)

All the parts give money to same people. And those people can ruin any part at any time.

I am sorry but it is not sound. If you support any part of something you hate, in effect you support the whole thing. Unless you are ignorant. That would be understandable.

Okay understand this then.
I hate animals.
I buy and eat animals.
And I still hate them.

If now you can't understand this, then sorry, but I will not return to it any more.

Okay understand this then.
I hate animals.
I buy and eat animals.
And I still hate them.

If now you can't understand this, then sorry, but I will not return to it any more.

That is still not a valid comparison. There is no one company that makes , keeps and then sells animal meat.

And people complain how games suck today, it is not strange when even people shitting on those behind shitty games buy their products.

And how to know shitty games are shitty without buying them to test them? It is a pay to see model.

And how to know shitty games are shitty without buying them to test them? It is a pay to see model.
No it isn't. You watch live streams, let's plays or pirate it to try it. The preordering and buying on release day no matter what stupidity must stop.

Pirating sucks.
Best thing is you read reviews written by guys who you know to have a similar taste.

The preordering and buying on release day no matter what stupidity must stop.
For me personally pre-ordering is a credit of trust. If I've enjoyed preivious games by this developer/publisher, I pre-order the game and thus reward them.

No it isn't. You watch live streams, let's plays or pirate it to try it. The preordering and buying on release day no matter what stupidity must stop.

No, it isnt? Of course it is.

Video makers make videos to make money. You do not have another insight in the product other than the way they use the product to make money.
When poor play means money, video makers go for poor play.
You dont have proper gameplay demonstration from video makers, providing this stuff is not their goal and interest.

Reviewers: they produce reviews to second guess their readership, avoid alienating them and provide reinforcement to their readers so they can enjoy their product run even more.

As to pirating, maybe but how relevant is it when writing in a thread dedicated to a game that has not been pirated yet?

Conclusion: it is a pay to see model. To get an opinion over the product, you've got to buy the product. And you can only declare it is shit when done.

As to pirating, maybe but how relevant is it when writing in a thread dedicated to a game that has not been pirated yet?

Cough, well if you have or know someone with a jtagged/modded Xbox360 you can actually demo the game.

Yup I got the DLC within that complete release, wouldn't buy it otherwise.
And yes, that one DLC is better than the whole Skyrim. Other two DLC are crapware.
Also, unlike the whole Skyrim, this one DLC is not bug-o-rama but is totally polished.
Replayed Skyrim after the "final" patch because thought that means I'll see less than 500 bugs. Was wrong.
What's hard to understand here exactly?

Well you said you don't support dlc but then you buy the version with dlc instead of supporting the vanilla game. That's a sale in favor of dlc and one less sale in favor of vanilla version.

I could give several other examples where you say one thing and do another but its not that important. You asked though and its this kind of contradiction between what you say and then what you do that I find hard to understand.

Also you post so often about it and with such over the top language, such as hate, will never support, scamware, etc that I get the impression that this is a major issue for you. Maybe I overestimate your level of commitment to this "cause". Maybe its not a cause at all and you just want to vent?

If I hated a company I wouldn't support it at all. I wouldn't buy a game, DLC, t-shirts, mug or anything made by a company I hated.

*sigh*
I bought the normal game, never finished it because of bugs and new bugs introduced with patches and afterwards when the complete game was on discount for pocketchange (cca 10 bucks) with final patch included I rebought it.
What I said differently from this somewhere?

Oh it's important to give me several other examples.
I'd love to know what's contradiction.
Oh you mean me stating that ALL phonegames are crap, then pointing on Chaos Rings 2 that's a masterpiece and is a phones exclusive? Yup, that's contradiction. But then again when I say a game has 4782365347867856 bugs, of course it's not true. It probably has at least one bug less than the number I used.
When I'm wrong I'm wrong. So it's not ALL on phones that's crap, it's ALL minus just a few titles. Do I really have to write "ALL minus just a handfull of titles" in every post I make? I believe I don't have to.

I buy what I want to buy.
I should not buy a product because the publisher is a company I hate or is somehow linked to it? Yea, sure.
T-shirts and mugs with EA brands are actually a product of Treehouse, not EA's. EA only gets some % for copyright, licensing and whatnot. But then again Treehouse works also with other brands and companies, not just EA. It's not EA's subsidiary.

You are practically trying to persuade me to let companies I don't hate to scam me with horse armor and don't buy stuff I want to buy from the one scammer I hate?
But how otherwise do you expect me to explain to that scammer I'll buy the game, but will not buy the scam? They don't make $10 horse armor for me - I'm not the one who'll buy it so they continue with that business.

I will not stop hating the scammer and will not buy horse armor no matter who makes it. But a game, a game that looks interesting, good, nice, etc. I'll buy it even if John Romero was the one who made it. All it has to be a complete game.
Maybe it's hard, complex or contradictory to understand, well, that's how it is.

No, it isnt? Of course it is.

Video makers make videos to make money. You do not have another insight in the product other than the way they use the product to make money.
When poor play means money, video makers go for poor play.
You dont have proper gameplay demonstration from video makers, providing this stuff is not their goal and interest.

Reviewers: they produce reviews to second guess their readership, avoid alienating them and provide reinforcement to their readers so they can enjoy their product run even more.

Conclusion: it is a pay to see model. To get an opinion over the product, you've got to buy the product. And you can only declare it is shit when done.
I said LIVE streams and Let's Plays. I never said reviews.. of any kind.

And I was talking more general, not just DAI. I know DAI is not pirated yet. In that case Live Streams and Let's Plays is all that is left. It was enough for me to see that this is not DAO level of quality or better (IE games territory). At this point I don't even care about pirating DAI even if I could.

If they ruin my 1 TB SSD I'm going to EA's Montreal offices and not leaving until they compensate me for it.

Back
Top Bottom