The Quest-By FireCat Games

williamian

Watcher
The Guardians Quest

The Guardians Quest is an action 1st and 3rd person solo RPG under development .

You are the hero and belong to the council of guardians sworn to protect this land from all threats, and something is stirring…

More info and pics shortly.

Download for Pc, Mac or play on the Web.

FireCatGames.x10.mx

Open for beta testing.
Trailer-http://youtu.be/1klZb9URfRc
Please feel free to leave feedback as it is very important to me, thanks.

Last edited:
You may need to change the name. there is already an RPG called The Quest, although it was originally a pocket-pc game ported to iphone. Was there ever a pc release for that game?

Last edited:
Yes, I have played them, and am speaking with Redshift and think they will give me permission.

While they have given me permission to use the name we have decided that changing it would help to stand out, which makes sense, so the new name is The Guardians Quest which goes better with the storyline.

Become a member and Beta tester through the development cycle and you will receive a free copy of the game when complete for your feedback-http://firecatgames.x10.mx/Membership%20Sign-up/

cover.jpeg

images-1.jpeg

Venta%20Valley.jpg

Wardens%20Pass.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...ac & Linux Standalone 2014-01-22 07-44-35.jpg

The%20Warlock_In%20Game.jpg

I signed up. Looks great. Screenshots kind of reminded me of Two Worlds. A game which although a lot didn't like, I found to be great fun. Hope you have a lot of success.

Thank you, you will receive a email in a few minutes activating your member ship. Welcome aboard and have fun.

Added pathfinding.
Added level system.
Added more Npc's.
New build will be out by Sunday.

Quick announcement - for anyone who has used any of my contact forms to reach me they seem to be broken for the moment, I apologize for the inconvenience and ask you re-send any mail or information using the link at the bottom of any page, until I can resolve the issue, thanks.

WEEKLY GAME UPDATES

New build 3.1 for WebPlayer is up, Mac and Pc Monday morning.

Added pathfinding.
Added level system.
Added more Npc's.
Added random hit table.
Bug Fixes.
Graphical Improvements.
More Storyline.
Big update at the end of this week.

Please leave feedback in the forums or contact me directly, thanks.

FireCatGames.x10.mx
williamian@me.com

Epic Video

http://youtu.be/WN5p2K0weDA

Dev Blog

http://firecatgames.x10.mx/Dev Blog/

A little taste of what you will find as the days pass.

Chapter 1
06/02/14 22:06 Filed in: Dev Diray
So, today I am working on finishing the over- world for chapter ones first scene, polishing up and fleshing out the first level of Cravens Tower and Thunder Eye Keep, Finnish the village of Wardens Pass and create the remaining interiors then I have several models that need to be animated as well as sound.

These, as well as bug fixes should be coming out in 3.1a
The Warlock
06/02/14 22:06 Filed in: Back Story
The boy, who would be hero, was, for all intents and purposes, a little blonde haired, blue eyed devil, so his mother would say, before she was killed by a rockslide. He was constantly under foot and had to be pulled out of Cravens Tower more than once. His father even caught him as far as the the Guardians old tower, Overwatch Keep. Yes, he was a handful but he was bright, quick to learn and jovial of nature. His father assumed he would work with him at the blacksmith shop, but on the day of Sundering, his sixteenth year when he would have to choose his life path, a Guardian came passing through town that very day.

No one knows where he was headed or why he stopped at Wardens Pass but it is well known that a Guardian can sense power in another, and that is when there was a knock at the door…….

Last edited:
Looking for free talent- if you are a Graphic or digital artist, 3D modeler and animator, or a sound engineer I am looking for help with asset creation for my game.

1. You will receive a full page to advertise any way you like and links back to whatever you want on my site.

2. You will receive credit on my site and in the game.

3. You will help showcase your talents and make The Guardians Quest a kick ass game.

4. You will have my deepest gratitude and help in your own endeavors.

If interested, check out my site and drop me a line, thanks.

williamian@me.com
FireCatGames.x10.mx

3.1a IS UP for Web-Pc & Mac in the am.

Added pathfinding.
Added level system.
Added more Npc's.
Improved random hit table.
Bug Fixes.
Graphical Improvements.
More Storyline and quests.
Big update coming soon as well as play builds.
Complete village and quests as well as more items coming soon.
Suggestions and feature requests are always welcome

FireCatGames.x10.mx

WEEKLY GAME UPDATE

3.1b IS UP for Web and Pc, Mac.

If you experience crashes lower your graphics settings or chose fastest in the Unity setup window.

Play testers try and make it through without using the fire water-Challenge.

The build is up for all platforms and the play build, that will be web only, will be up tomorrow.

New enemies.
More story.
More items.
More Npc’s.
A brand new random hit algorithm.
More quests.
New skills and effects.

Controls have changed-

The Guardians Quest Instructions.

MOVEMENT

WASD- to move.
Up-Down arrow keys to move forward and backward.

CAMERA

L-mouse hold to rotate camera
Left-Right arrow keys to rotate camera left and right.
Scroll wheel will move you into top down or 3rd person view.

BATTLE

Single left click to select NPC.
Dbl left click to make new selection.
Click something else to un-select.

With Npc selected-

Left click on enemy to attack with skill in slot 1
Left click on any skill to fire it.
Dbl left click to set auto fire.
Right click anywhere to fire any skill that is in slot 2.
Dbl right click anywhere to set auto fire on any skill in slot 2.

You can put skills and items in any slot you want through their individual screens.

Each skill or weave has a minimum distance to use and you will move in to attack.

For the play-test build you will start like the real game with these exceptions.

1. You will start with the Fire water skill that has been jacked up to kill anything.
2. You start with $20.000 Gp

Aside from that the game is the same as the player version.

Have fun and please leave feedback.

Hello all, William here with FireCat Games.

Work is going ahead on the game after a short personal absence, the project is still very much live.

I will be having a live open chat session for Q&A and discussion regarding the game this Sunday at 8pm EST time. Everyone is welcome to attend and participate.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Sunday, 05/04/2014 8:00pm EST.

http://firecatgames.x10.mx/Chat/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom