Divinity II: DKS - Review @ Strategy Informer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This review at Strategy Informer actually focuses on the differences between DKS and the original Ego Draconis release, rather than looking at it as a whole new game. The score is 8/10 and here's a quote:
Extra quests have also been added in here and there, some of which seem to be padding but you could also argue that it helps balance out one of the games major problems - choke points. This was probably the single greatest flaw in the game, and in some instances a gamebreaker. For some reason, enemies that were a higher level than you in Ego Draconis would be more powerful than you than one would normally think considering that we're only talking about a couple of levels here.

Whenever you entered a new area, the enemies would often be a level or two above what you are, and given the games love of trying to overwhelm you with numbers, this would then create 'chokepoints' - sections of the game which were an incredible slog to get through. Eventually, you would manage to scrape enough experience points together to level up and even the playing field, but it was certainly very annoying to say the least. Thankfully, things have been improved dramatically on that score.
More information.

Does anyone who played the DKS know whether ground enemies are still invisible in dragon form and if they kept the invisible top-wall?

Does anyone who played the DKS know whether ground enemies are still invisible in dragon form and if they kept the invisible top-wall?
Yes on both counts. Ground enemies are still invisible and top-wall is still there.

Thank you! Will probably go for Flames of Vengeance then when I find the time for gaming (despite these small flaws, I still think the DKS is a cool game for all who did not play the original Divinity II).

I think ground enemies should stay invisible since it would be cheating to be able to kill the ground enemies while a dragon. (at least without increasing the amount of enemies and making enemies that can do well against your dragon which would unbalance non-dragon gameplay)

I think ground enemies should stay invisible since it would be cheating to be able to kill the ground enemies while a dragon

Not if you gave the ground enemies 88m FLAK cannons, AAA and SAM sites :biggrin: .

I think it would have been a perfect way to illustrate your new power as a dragon, to make previously challenging fights trivial, as long as there are new challenges for you even in dragon form (which exist) and as long as you cannot become a dragon everywhere.

For me, the obvious harm to immersion done by making enemies disappear weights more than the moderate harm to gameplay balance when you keep them around, but the designers apparently thought differently as well. *shrugs*

Would have been cool to see those puny goblins run in panic while you hover above them, though! *dreams*

Back
Top Bottom